GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"International Curling Pro"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 23:41
Regular
Yes a new idea for a game. Curling. The fast paced exiting sport that envolves pushing bits of rock along on ice (for those who didn't know). Curling would be a great sport game for consoles. My idea is a game called International Curling Pro where you must take on Curling teams from all over the world to try to basicly kick their butts.

There could be loads of different countries for you to play as, all with their own specific tallents. There could be all sorts of options to unlock with different types of rocks and all sorts of other funny options like turning the opposition into penguins.

This game would definatly be a hit with gaming fans of all ages and i hope that soon people all over the world will enjoy the thrills of curling.
Sat 23/02/02 at 17:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
But I know Scots are considered Brits but i no English folk helped. We may not be good at football but we can be proud of our curling achievements.

heh heh heh

P.S - It says English team won the gold in curling on the official website - someone WILL die ..... -[:-(
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If Lennox Lewis or Greg Rusedski lose they're Canadian.
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:30
Regular
-----

Yeah I know. And weren't they all Scottish?
> :p

Not that anyone cares anyway....

you fundementaly misunderstand the nationality system. If an english person wins a medal they are english. If a welsh,scotch or Northern irish person wins they are british.
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If EA decide to do curling they'll have it as part of the 'Big' range.

You'll be able to dress your curlers up in baggy jeans and loose sweaters, customise appearance, and perform tricks and combos as you push your stone down the ice.

In brushing mode, points will be awarded for style, intensity of sweeping, and the number of times you can say 'Rad' and 'Wow' as you smooth the path of the stone with your brush.

Hidden teams will be available, including the 1968 Italian Men's Curling Team (the stones go forward slightly then roll backwards very quickly), the 1936 Scottish Ladies Curling Team (get to throw the stones at Adolf Hitler), and the 1984 Irish Curling Team (for stone, read potato).

Because it's done by EA and involves ice, the curlers will look strangely like Wayne Gretsky, the stones will look strangely like enlarged hockey pucks, and a red light will illuminate when a stone lands on the bullseye.

If Konami get the licence then it will be a straight forward sim.
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Hellishly boring sport, but I watched it, and they did well.

Britains first
> Gold Medal at the Winter Olympics for 18 years, I think they said... that's
> something to be proud of!

-----

Yeah I know. And weren't they all Scottish? :p

Not that anyone cares anyway....
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
If anyone's going to make this game it's probably gonna be EA.

Britain cannot be proud of this, they're crap!
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:20
Regular
Hurling... now there's a sport Britain can be proud of. :0)
Sat 23/02/02 at 16:15
Regular
of course there is huling as well like on the guiness ad
Sat 23/02/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I downloaded a game where you used monkies as the curling thingies :)
Sat 23/02/02 at 12:41
Regular
Can't believe you lot.

EA games? A year ahead? Tut tut.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.