GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you use Freeloader do you still need a NTSC compatible telly?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/12/02 at 17:46
Regular
I'd really like to know. And if so, how do you tell if ur telly is. I think only expensive tellies are, or can you get your telly modded?
Sun 08/12/02 at 17:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I'd really like to know. And if so, how do you tell if ur telly is. I think only expensive tellies are, or can you get your telly modded?
Sun 08/12/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I really wouldn't think so, Then if its then where is the selling point for it?

Its ment to let us play NTSC without having NTSC, And god i can't wait.
Sun 08/12/02 at 23:48
Regular
you shouldnt need one inthoery, but you may do

ntsc tvs are not expensive!!
most new (in the last 3-4 years) tvs are NTSC compatible
Mon 09/12/02 at 00:55
Regular
I'm 90% certain that you do need an ntsc compatible tv for freeloader to run us and jap games.

How to tell if your tv runs it? Check the manuel, if you've lost it, try to find somewhere selling the same model tv and ask them.

If your tv doesn't, either buy a new tv, or you can buy a signal converter to change the cube's ntsc output to a pal signal. They cover a big price range, and you get what you pay for. I think £30-40 is reasonable quality for gaming purposes.
Mon 09/12/02 at 10:11
Regular
"aliens exist"
initially it was said that u needed to have an NTSC tv, but cos the product has been delayed and changed so many times it could have changed,
Mon 09/12/02 at 10:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yep, you need an NTSC compatible TV.
Mon 09/12/02 at 19:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
thanks guys. but where can i get a signal convertor from, and how would i fit it to my cube?
Tue 10/12/02 at 09:51
Regular
a signal converter, this is a device that fits in between your cube and telly, plug your cubes video leads into the converter then the converter output into tewlly.

you can buy em from www.lik-sang.com

not that expensive, also i believe Tandy in the UK sell them
Tue 10/12/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, you definately need an NTSC compatable TV. Anyway, didn't those scottish importers that feature heavily in NGC do them?
Tue 10/12/02 at 11:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
thanks again. so now I know about my telly, do you know when action replay/freeloader will be released.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.