GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slow Broadband (Staffie help needed)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/09/07 at 08:07
Regular
Hi Freeola - my brother is a customer of yours on Broadband, he is just back from his hols and had one day with his usual fast broadband - how ever things have gone pear shaped and his download speed is now 119kbs! I checked it my self its true - he phoned Freeola support on Sunday regarding this and did not get much support - he has replaced all his filters and he even bought a new router yesterday and stil its 119kbs! his normal speed is between 5.5 and 6 Mbps

who ever he spoke to on Sunday said his line had dropped out 158 times on the Sat night and said it was a faulty router yet the new router has the same results, My brother was very cross and was swearing at me on the phone please advise what I should tell him to try now (polite answers please) I think its a line fault but surely its Freeola that need to start that process.

Kev
Tue 25/09/07 at 18:26
"Are you sure?"
gunnerkid4 wrote:
> i got freeola internet its the slowist broadband in the world

Hi gunnerkid4,
That isn't a very constructive comment!

I can assure you it won't be Freeola that's the problem; but either the quality of your BT line or your own internal phone wiring. Neither of which are down to Freeola.

If you visit speedtest.net what are the results?

Perhaps you could post your line stats to see what the problem may be? If you can post your Connection Speed, Attenuation and Noise Margin it is possible to see roughly what speed you should expect.

See my post [URL]http://chat.freeola.com/Web-Development-4-chat/Understanding-and-improving-your-ADSL-MAX-connection-3454.html[/URL] for more info...
Tue 25/09/07 at 18:07
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
i got freeola internet its the slowist broadband in the world
Mon 24/09/07 at 07:21
Regular
"Heart of stone"
Hi , well my speed has peaked at 4339Kbps and 380 Kbps. Last night things were erratic but i suppose ther could have been alot of people using the system. Will try and get router details tonight if home early enough.
The new Router is a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4W-EG bought from Dabs.com
Softwear version V29.2.10.01 . This was a cheap router to check if this was part of the problem as this is the 3rd new router in almost as many years.

Co Co
Fri 21/09/07 at 18:52
Regular
"Heart of stone"
Hi Eccles just home and done a speed check and things have improved greatly now (download 4290 Kbps uload 381 Kbps). This is more realistic now. Will keep you posted and give you new router details latter.

Thank you for your assistance

Colin
Thu 20/09/07 at 23:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It should be escalated as soon as you get back to us after 3 days. Your account was showing an improvement in IP profile (the actual speed throughput controlled by BT's equipment). The actual time taken for speed to improve after a sync drop now varies depending on how large a drop in sync you have experienced. It should hopefully get better tomorrow. If your router has a statistic page (what make and model is it?) then post the stats here for us to look at.
Thu 20/09/07 at 20:09
Regular
"Heart of stone"
Hi just an update on this. Im the goodlooking brother. Just home from work speeds still as slow as last night. download 131Kbps
upload 380Kbps. Will this 3day increase all happen on the 3rd day there is no change yet.
You said there was a speed increase after 15 hours , its nearly 23 hours since i installed new router and filters and still speeds as above.
If i have to wait 3 days and it does not improve how long will i have to wait till this is escalated.

the ice god.
Thu 20/09/07 at 15:30
Regular
brilliant cheers for your help and input much appreciated.

kev
Thu 20/09/07 at 14:37
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Right I've had this clarified.
Support asked him to perform the usual tests as we can't report a fault to BT without the customer having done this as BT may impose a quite large fee if they visit the premises and find the fault is cause problem beyond the BT master socket.
Before installing a new router you brother was having a large amount of disconnections, this will cause BT's line management equipment to reduce his speed to try and stabilise the connection. Now that he has installed a new router he has been connected for 15 hours solid and his speed is already showing improvement. BT's system should restore his speed within the next 3 days if no further disconnection problems occur. We have asked him to get back in touch if no improvements is seen after this time.
Thu 20/09/07 at 11:30
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks. I'm chasing this up with support now.
Thu 20/09/07 at 11:03
Regular
Information is on its way to you Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.