GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution Soccer"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 21:41
Regular
Which is the best out of the series???any ideas
Fri 22/02/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Whatever!"
Pro Evolution Soccer is the best footy game on the planet!!

2002 FIFA World Cup is looking pretty impressive aswell though!!
Fri 22/02/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I have played various footie games on the PSone and ISS Pro Evo stood out over the others due to the wonderful gameplay. I did enjoy Fifa 2001 when I first got it - mainly cos it was the only way that the good old Tractorboys would ever stand a chance of winning at Old Trafford - but it soon gets boring winning games 6 and 7 nil so I would score a few own goals to even it up !.

When I got my PS2 i tried demos of Pro Evo, Fifa 2002 and TIF and Pro Evo stood out way above the others for gameplay. The commentary still sucks mind but maybe one day they will improve it.

One thing the AI in PE needs is for the opposition to commit a few more fouls and tackle more - I think the defenders seem to hold off too much at times.
Fri 22/02/02 at 09:39
Regular
I Believe pro evolution soccer is the best football game for any games consol ever, it has great graphics, gameplay and sound (Although the commentary is a bit dodgy). I own both Pro Evolution soccer and FIFA 2002 and Pro Evo Soccer is a lot better!
Fri 22/02/02 at 01:35
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Pro Evo is made so good BECAUSE it is hard to score; you really feel a sense of acheivement when you do. If you pess the other shoulder buttons whilst running, they have different running speeds, while having different control-of0the-ball skills
Fri 22/02/02 at 01:03
Regular
Thats what this game is about. Would you really want to score every single time so easily?

Mastering such a hard technique is very rewarding and when the goals fly in they taste oh so much more sweeter.
Thu 21/02/02 at 22:42
I agree that once you have to master the R1 button, but however it still occasionally catches everyone out!!!

only very occasionally!!!!and very annoying!!!
Thu 21/02/02 at 22:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Chris2k2 wrote:
> Pro evo is more about the gameplay than the graphic..as u know there isn't a a
> lot more detail they could actually put into the game

Some of the gameplay is
> a little crap tho...R1 for run...if your running with the ball and shoot, then u
> need to stop and shoot which is crap.

No you dont, once you have truly mastered it you learn to time when to shoot whilst holding R1. Running and shooting from out side the box is one of my special techiniques which i have truly mastered. Also if you learn it well, you can time when to turn and neatly take the ball around the defender.

Its all about learning my friend.
Thu 21/02/02 at 22:16
Here is a list of improvements I would recommend

* Buy the player licenses, like they did with the last ps1

* make it online!!!oo the thought...it would be the best ever!!!!!...having big leagues

* Sort out the commentary

* Sort out the extra time situation coz if it's in one half then the whistle will never go until you kick it away

* Goalkeepers get away with too much fouling

* Have the ref be seen on the pitch, as he seems to disappear when until a foul is committed

Apart from all that I think the game is just about perfect

Has anyone got anymore ideas on how it should be more improved????
Thu 21/02/02 at 22:03
Pro evo is more about the gameplay than the graphic..as u know there isn't a a lot more detail they could actually put into the game

Some of the gameplay is a little crap tho...R1 for run...if your running with the ball and shoot, then u need to stop and shoot which is crap.
Thu 21/02/02 at 21:58
wouldnt it be class if pro evo was online and had better commentary

i suppose it would be perfect then!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.