GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yesterday, I played GTA: Vice City and a demo of The Getaway."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Mon 09/12/02 at 17:20
Regular
Indeed. Me, all powerful Cube owner played on GTA: Vice City, and a demo of the Getaway.

What did I think of them? Well. Both look pretty average (that has to be said) and especialy on The Getaway, you can easily see a PSOne root for the PS2 (obviously). However, both played well, and seem to me to be cool titles. Having said that, I HATE VICE CITYS LOCATION. Its bland, too bright and pretty dull, compared to Liberty City anyway. The weapons were cool, in particular the excellent Chaingun, as were the helicopters, but apart from the new location, vehicles, guns and 'buildings' this is little more than an expansion pack in my eyes. Nowts wrong with that, just I wouldn't get so wound up about it. But thats me. Otherwise, its a good game, just not to my taste.

The Getaway seemed good, with some cool cut scenes, but again looked pretty poor (to me), but I liked the sneaky bits, and grabbing an assault rifle and running around......hang on. Where have I done that before? Eh? Oh, about 5 other games in the past 2 months. But still. Good - and it was only a demo, so I'm sure the full game is better.

Both good, but in my eyes, nothing special. Both look nasty compared to my lovely Resident Evil and Rogue Leader discs though. Still, good all the same.

In my opinion. I'm sure you all have differing views, so plase don't jump down my thorat for my apparent 'dislike' - Yes I prefer Nintendo, but that dosne't meant I hate PS2. That would be lame.
Fri 13/12/02 at 13:36
"Darkness, always"
Good cut scenes?

There is only one developer whose cut-scenes are even worth taking notice of: Blizzard. Kings of CGI. That is undisputable.
Thu 12/12/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Notable"
I hope The Getaway can mirror Vice ciy's brilliance
Thu 12/12/02 at 19:29
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
grand theft ali wrote:
> how can you say that the ps2 is much better and is better han any of
> gamecube games like mario the babyish game atleast are games are fun
> and grown up and not for you little 9 year olds so get your notes
> sorted out the getaway is good it has blood and cool stuff in it with
> viloence put that word in your dictionary kid and vice city is much
> better than anythign else and gta4 is in the making which is cool

This is getting repetitive now:

Who cares if SOME GC games are a bit babyish, but the thing that matters is whether they're fun or not, if you don't like one of the best platformers ever made, then that is fine - I understand that some people have certain disorders like being retarded etc.

Have you actually played the GC?

If your still convinced te GC is crap then here, feast your eyes on this:

The following are a list of games that are not babyish, and are amazing:

Resident Evil
Eternal Darkness
Nightfire
Metroid Prime
Super Smash bros
Star Fox Adventures
Rogue Leader II

There. Anything else?
Thu 12/12/02 at 17:27
Regular
"And some more !"
how can you say that the ps2 is much better and is better han any of gamecube games like mario the babyish game atleast are games are fun and grown up and not for you little 9 year olds so get your notes sorted out the getaway is good it has blood and cool stuff in it with viloence put that word in your dictionary kid and vice city is much better than anythign else and gta4 is in the making which is cool

grand theft ali

Cyclone wrote:
> Well. London anayway.
>
> Still, I prefer ma Cube games.
>
> Me does.
Mon 09/12/02 at 20:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well. London anayway.

Still, I prefer ma Cube games.

Me does.
Mon 09/12/02 at 20:12
Your probably going to get slane by some of the fanboys that often enter in here, but all the same, your views are respected by most. :D

As for me, i really like both titles. Loved Vice City and still play on it now. Agree about the location, some of the places were a little boring and dull, but all the same, you do get use to it and many other places make up for it. And with so much to do in the game you often actually forget about that.

As for the Getaway, i really cant wait for this. In terms of gameplay i know this game isnt going to beat Vice City, i dont think much can. But i do expect the story line to be much better, more gritty and more enjoyable. And to finally rip around England with all the familiar road markings and places, well thats going to be brilliant for me.
Mon 09/12/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Cyclone wrote:

I HATE VICE CITYS LOCATION. Its
> bland, too bright and pretty dull, compared to Liberty City anyway.

I thought that, but you get used to it, like Liberty

> In my opinion. I'm sure you all have differing views, so plase don't
> jump down my thorat for my apparent 'dislike' - Yes I prefer Nintendo,
> but that dosne't meant I hate PS2. That would be lame.

I like PS2, but i think the GC has higher prospects for the future.

:D
Mon 09/12/02 at 17:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed. Me, all powerful Cube owner played on GTA: Vice City, and a demo of the Getaway.

What did I think of them? Well. Both look pretty average (that has to be said) and especialy on The Getaway, you can easily see a PSOne root for the PS2 (obviously). However, both played well, and seem to me to be cool titles. Having said that, I HATE VICE CITYS LOCATION. Its bland, too bright and pretty dull, compared to Liberty City anyway. The weapons were cool, in particular the excellent Chaingun, as were the helicopters, but apart from the new location, vehicles, guns and 'buildings' this is little more than an expansion pack in my eyes. Nowts wrong with that, just I wouldn't get so wound up about it. But thats me. Otherwise, its a good game, just not to my taste.

The Getaway seemed good, with some cool cut scenes, but again looked pretty poor (to me), but I liked the sneaky bits, and grabbing an assault rifle and running around......hang on. Where have I done that before? Eh? Oh, about 5 other games in the past 2 months. But still. Good - and it was only a demo, so I'm sure the full game is better.

Both good, but in my eyes, nothing special. Both look nasty compared to my lovely Resident Evil and Rogue Leader discs though. Still, good all the same.

In my opinion. I'm sure you all have differing views, so plase don't jump down my thorat for my apparent 'dislike' - Yes I prefer Nintendo, but that dosne't meant I hate PS2. That would be lame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.