GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC - Is it the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 16:52
Regular
Well...first up excuse me if this is a bad post i cant do this thing too well..but here goes...

GameCube is a nice console. I think we established that way back when we got a first glimpse of it. And although Miyamoto is fool for the cel-shaded Zelda (which he is apparently reconsidering...) most of the games, or at least, ideas for games have been innovative, original and i'm sure to play they will be addictive. Take Pikmin. It is completely new, different and a risk to take considering its diversity. And also Doshin the Giant. The silliest idea ever might turn out to be the best game ever (except FF). And the actual hardware. Although it lacks the common feature of nex-gen consoles, not having DVD-playback isn't a huge problem. Games consoles are for games. DVD-Players are for DVD's. The controller (which, for the record, i have held and used to play) is remarkably comfy and the buttons are positioned perfectly. And finally, tech-specs. No-one really cares, but is the middle-ground, better than some, worse than some. The the price. A very pleasing £164.99. Now that is Ninty value.

I have a PS2. So no need for DVD playback
I have a PC. So no need for hard drive (cough Xbox cough)

So what do you think. Is GC best or is this an extremely biased argument?

P.S - i told u it might be a bad post...dont mock me!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:52
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Well...first up excuse me if this is a bad post i cant do this thing too well..but here goes...

GameCube is a nice console. I think we established that way back when we got a first glimpse of it. And although Miyamoto is fool for the cel-shaded Zelda (which he is apparently reconsidering...) most of the games, or at least, ideas for games have been innovative, original and i'm sure to play they will be addictive. Take Pikmin. It is completely new, different and a risk to take considering its diversity. And also Doshin the Giant. The silliest idea ever might turn out to be the best game ever (except FF). And the actual hardware. Although it lacks the common feature of nex-gen consoles, not having DVD-playback isn't a huge problem. Games consoles are for games. DVD-Players are for DVD's. The controller (which, for the record, i have held and used to play) is remarkably comfy and the buttons are positioned perfectly. And finally, tech-specs. No-one really cares, but is the middle-ground, better than some, worse than some. The the price. A very pleasing £164.99. Now that is Ninty value.

I have a PS2. So no need for DVD playback
I have a PC. So no need for hard drive (cough Xbox cough)

So what do you think. Is GC best or is this an extremely biased argument?

P.S - i told u it might be a bad post...dont mock me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.