GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2, X-Box or the Gamecube?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
Im thinking of buying a games console soon but im not too sure which to go for. The X-Box looks great but is really bulky, the GameCube, dont know much about it! and the famous PS2.
A few friend of mine are thinking of getting an X-Box and 1 or 2 might get a game cube but what most have got is a PS2. I think i might get one but i want other peoples opinons on if it is good, bad or average. It not a bad console for £200 but will it go down in price?
All the games on the PS2 make me think of the excellent time i could have shooting my friends in red faction or racing in a rally car. Also MetalGear Solid 2 is soon coming out.

Any one with any good opinions can you leave a message!

Thanks! lol
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:31
Regular
This what I reckon you should do...

Get a 1/3 of each console and then stick these pieces together to form the ultimate super console.

Could be hard finding games for it though.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Firstly this is the PS forum so you probably find some bias in here !

To my mind your best choice at present is the PS2 - The main reasons are cost of the console (which is rumored to be going down when MGS2 is released - but it's still not confirmed), the cost of the peripherals, the cost of the games and of course the selection of games that are availiable to you now.

With the impending release of 9 platinum titles which will include GT3, Tekken and Dead or Alive you will be able to start your collection with some class games at very good prices. In addition of course, you have the entire PSone catalogue to play your way through.

The GC and X Box will both no doubt end up with some great games but they have got 18 months worth of catching up to do on Sony and initially all the new titles will be more expensive than new PS2 titles.

Personally I will be waiting for a good six months after both of the new boys on the block are out before I start to look into what they have to offer me.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:27
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Now I know someone will kill me for saying this, but really, do not get an Xbox. It may have a hard drive but (i think) it is HIGHLY overrated. The games are just like any other games on other consoles, it may have a hard drive, but so does a Pc, and i'm sure you have one of those. And although this shouldn't really affect your decision, it is fairly horrible to look at

But as Wookie Man says, it your choice. I already have a PS2 so i say, in my personal opinion, Gamecube.

Hope that helps (or not) :)
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:15
"High polygon count"
I have a PS2 and would recommend it above all others, as I believe it offers you the best selection of games.

But I do also plan on getting an Xbox and/or Gamecube at some point - just not at launch.

Basically, it's your money, so it's your choice. If you can only afford one machine, I recommend that you wait until they're all available and take a good look at the selection of games available. Then choose the console which you believe offers you the best choice of games *you* enjoy.

Don't let anyone else make up your mind for you, including sales assistants - who will all be on bonuses for selling the new machines, and therefore trying to force your choice.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:06
Regular
Im thinking of buying a games console soon but im not too sure which to go for. The X-Box looks great but is really bulky, the GameCube, dont know much about it! and the famous PS2.
A few friend of mine are thinking of getting an X-Box and 1 or 2 might get a game cube but what most have got is a PS2. I think i might get one but i want other peoples opinons on if it is good, bad or average. It not a bad console for £200 but will it go down in price?
All the games on the PS2 make me think of the excellent time i could have shooting my friends in red faction or racing in a rally car. Also MetalGear Solid 2 is soon coming out.

Any one with any good opinions can you leave a message!

Thanks! lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.