GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Phantasy Star Online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Mon 09/12/02 at 21:05
Regular
GameCube came out onto the market after its greatly successful predecessor Nintendo 64. Since then it has made many revolutions in gaming like 3D Control stick and a great 64bit gaming experience making it look the best out there when super Mario 64 only just released. We’ve had games classics and Rare a company which made it all happened by making games such as Goldeneye which set high standards for Shoot-em ups and banjo & Kazooie which seemed to topped the platfromers genres. Now moving on, new games and hardware being made to a high evolution of gaming for the next generation console. So now with the GameCube, It’s a cube with full of colourful life and speed. And now. With Internet online connection.

So, Starting the Internet mayhem on the GameCube will be Phantasy Star Online. Its Dreamcast version was Great, But ‘hidden’ from its true greatest power of gaming into it. So, Now coming into the GameCube with the 8cm disc and lovely broadband connection or dial up. Just saying that makes you wonder if it’s going to be good. So if you were wondering, what is Phantasy Star Online?

It’s a game of commutation firstly, Team work. You may do single player but have the dullest time ever or why not come along with your mates in 4 Player offline or Online with thousands of other users all achieving the same task with the element of fun!

Secondly, Its levels and it goes up to level 200 for the max. I know how long it takes to get to the level 100 mark and nearly took me all summer and with the Max as level 200, I wouldn’t be half surprised if it took you ¾ of a year to complete it totally to the max. To gain Exp you kill monsters and have guild missions to gain money as well as getting it from playing freely, Along the levels you find one of the biggest ever weapon ranges you can get ever, Also many items to assist along your travels to boost your character’s performance.

Thirdly, Online. It’s the main option on the game, also the best of them all by far. The mass users of this game is great. Meet new people everyday and trade items. You may battle each other or go on adventure requiring skill and commutation which is helped by a translator. When a Japan person sends a pre-made message in japan it comes out as English to you when you see it. Its great meaning that you can basically speak to anyone one in the world. Each player would look different because of a big variety in the character creation. There is 3 classes in the game. Hunter, Ranger and Force.

Ranger: Attack from far away and use guns to pick out their monsters.

Hunter: A more of a close range combat and powerful if came close!

Force: The strongest of them all if highest level, Maybe not the greatest to attack or in defence. But great powerful spells over come these both if careful!

The game is not a direct port from the Dreamcast version, It has many changes like the Broadband connection and the 4-player offline mode which the best new thing that has come to this port. Also the graphics have been tweaked a little also added 2 new levels. Truly, If any fan of PSO on the Dreamcast. Should get this. Its a great improvement over the last.

Thanks for reading.

Ev][L~Dark.
Tue 10/12/02 at 13:43
Regular
"^_^"
I am waiting for all of these titles:

1 Starfox Adventures
2 Mario Party 4
3 The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
4 Metroid Prime
5 Resident Evil Zero
6 Resident Evil 2
7 Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
8 Resident Evil: Code Veronica
9 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
10 1080 Avalanche
11 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
12 Futurama
13 Mario Kart
14 Mario Tennis
15 Resident Evil 4
16 Star Fox Armada
17 Starcraft: Ghost
18 The Hobbit
19 Phantasy Star Online
Tue 10/12/02 at 10:13
Regular
I'm just waiting for Mario Kart, mmm...
Tue 10/12/02 at 09:49
Regular
i got a mahg yesterday, dunno why, it had a free DVD of Zelda so thats possibly the reason.

anyways, i have heard that PSO is not due for a UK release at present, neither is the broadband adaptor!

gay!

i have my copy of PSO winging its way back to me in my mates luggage as we speak!

no importers will touch it due to licensing agreements!
the only compnay at present allowed to sell it are EB in the US!!

WHY?!?!?
Mon 09/12/02 at 21:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It would be the best choice you ever made. Unfortunately, you won;t be able to read DC-Uk, as it has ceased production *weeps*
Mon 09/12/02 at 21:16
"+ suspicious minds"
I would have loved to own a dreamcast, butI knew little of the console market back then. maybe 'ill pick one up for me B'day.
Mon 09/12/02 at 21:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I remember PSO. Oh the memories *weeps* It was so good.
Mon 09/12/02 at 21:05
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
GameCube came out onto the market after its greatly successful predecessor Nintendo 64. Since then it has made many revolutions in gaming like 3D Control stick and a great 64bit gaming experience making it look the best out there when super Mario 64 only just released. We’ve had games classics and Rare a company which made it all happened by making games such as Goldeneye which set high standards for Shoot-em ups and banjo & Kazooie which seemed to topped the platfromers genres. Now moving on, new games and hardware being made to a high evolution of gaming for the next generation console. So now with the GameCube, It’s a cube with full of colourful life and speed. And now. With Internet online connection.

So, Starting the Internet mayhem on the GameCube will be Phantasy Star Online. Its Dreamcast version was Great, But ‘hidden’ from its true greatest power of gaming into it. So, Now coming into the GameCube with the 8cm disc and lovely broadband connection or dial up. Just saying that makes you wonder if it’s going to be good. So if you were wondering, what is Phantasy Star Online?

It’s a game of commutation firstly, Team work. You may do single player but have the dullest time ever or why not come along with your mates in 4 Player offline or Online with thousands of other users all achieving the same task with the element of fun!

Secondly, Its levels and it goes up to level 200 for the max. I know how long it takes to get to the level 100 mark and nearly took me all summer and with the Max as level 200, I wouldn’t be half surprised if it took you ¾ of a year to complete it totally to the max. To gain Exp you kill monsters and have guild missions to gain money as well as getting it from playing freely, Along the levels you find one of the biggest ever weapon ranges you can get ever, Also many items to assist along your travels to boost your character’s performance.

Thirdly, Online. It’s the main option on the game, also the best of them all by far. The mass users of this game is great. Meet new people everyday and trade items. You may battle each other or go on adventure requiring skill and commutation which is helped by a translator. When a Japan person sends a pre-made message in japan it comes out as English to you when you see it. Its great meaning that you can basically speak to anyone one in the world. Each player would look different because of a big variety in the character creation. There is 3 classes in the game. Hunter, Ranger and Force.

Ranger: Attack from far away and use guns to pick out their monsters.

Hunter: A more of a close range combat and powerful if came close!

Force: The strongest of them all if highest level, Maybe not the greatest to attack or in defence. But great powerful spells over come these both if careful!

The game is not a direct port from the Dreamcast version, It has many changes like the Broadband connection and the 4-player offline mode which the best new thing that has come to this port. Also the graphics have been tweaked a little also added 2 new levels. Truly, If any fan of PSO on the Dreamcast. Should get this. Its a great improvement over the last.

Thanks for reading.

Ev][L~Dark.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.