GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats happening with the PS2 now?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/02/02 at 13:23
Regular
i work in a games shop in my town and loads of people were buying PS2's and tonnes of games for them! whats gonna happen when the x-box and game cube come out? will the go down in price or are they gonna go the way of the n64, obsolite!

some of the games from the n64 like golden eye and perfect dark are really good fir when they were brought out but now people are buying pc and PS2 games a hell of a lot.
is the PS2 gonna go down in price when the Xbox and gamecube come out? if it is im deffinetly gonna get one! cause tonnes of the games are good and also its a cheap dvd player. metal gear solid 2 should be an amazing game and is coming out on the PS2 before any other format. ne way i think that some of the games from the X-box and gamecube will come out on the PS2 sooner or later.

not many new games are coming out on the PS2 at the mo but ist great that u can play PS1 games on the PS2 cause some of the are cheaper.
Thu 21/02/02 at 21:39
There's loads of games due out, so who can really see it becoming obsolete? A drop in price would be nice, but I doubt we'll see that either

PeterN
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:42
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Indeed.
Thu 21/02/02 at 16:13
If you work in a games store u would no all the answers to your questions. Oh no you wouldn't cos EB and Game staff are not exactly up on games most of them anyways
Thu 21/02/02 at 15:53
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Pro Evo wrote:
Anyway, if he did mean to say decent
> games, how many of the other consoles bring out 6-7 decent games every week?
> None of them i suspect, but there are 1 or 2 that come out every week.

I meant that whilst Sony has a large back catalogue of titles only a minority actually rate as worth buying, in OPSM2 magazine theres a whole ton of titles getting 6/10 or less. There are very few briliant games released every week. As I see it the PS2 has gone from onebig game to the next like this;

Gran Turismo 3 = Resident Evil = GTA3 + Devil May Cry = MGS2 = FFX

>And no
> more of this 'PS2 is cr*p' buisness!

Never said that ! :) Maybe its your subconscious ! (*joking*)
Thu 21/02/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Who said the PS2 was crap ?? anyway there are only 12 twelve games on the PS2 release list for this week - maybe this is what he means by "not many new games are coming out on the PS2 now" - must be a quiet week then !!
Thu 21/02/02 at 14:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well with his writing you cant tell.

Anyway, if he did mean to say decent games, how many of the other consoles bring out 6-7 decent games every week? None of them i suspect, but there are 1 or 2 that come out every week.

And no more of this 'PS2 is crap' buisness!
Thu 21/02/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Pro Evo wrote:
>Apart from the 6-7 new games that usually come out every >week you
> mean.

Maybe he meant to say "decent" games ? :)
Thu 21/02/02 at 14:44
Regular
"360: swfcman"
conspiracy_theorist wrote:

not many new games are coming out on the PS2 at the mo

Apart from the 6-7 new games that usually come out every week you mean.
Thu 21/02/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
You managed to get a job and you write like this ? I think you need to take a few more english lessons mate. Spelling, punctuation, grammar and stop repeating everything you say.
Thu 21/02/02 at 13:23
i work in a games shop in my town and loads of people were buying PS2's and tonnes of games for them! whats gonna happen when the x-box and game cube come out? will the go down in price or are they gonna go the way of the n64, obsolite!

some of the games from the n64 like golden eye and perfect dark are really good fir when they were brought out but now people are buying pc and PS2 games a hell of a lot.
is the PS2 gonna go down in price when the Xbox and gamecube come out? if it is im deffinetly gonna get one! cause tonnes of the games are good and also its a cheap dvd player. metal gear solid 2 should be an amazing game and is coming out on the PS2 before any other format. ne way i think that some of the games from the X-box and gamecube will come out on the PS2 sooner or later.

not many new games are coming out on the PS2 at the mo but ist great that u can play PS1 games on the PS2 cause some of the are cheaper.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.