GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Playlists"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
I have got one hell of a hefty MP3 collection and I like to keep them all neat just because I'm like that.

I use to use Napster to sort my files and then Kazaa as Napster played me about. Kazaa list's by artist name but then the songs aren't in alphabetical order and as I'm fussy I don't like it.

So I haven't sorted my files for about two months now and they are all hanging aroudn everywhere in different folders and I'd much rather prefer them in one place. I just need a good piece of software which has a nice playlist.

So what programs do you reccomend for this?
Wed 11/12/02 at 13:34
Regular
""
at winamp.com there is a dirty big ad in the top righthand side of the screen for winamp v2. you cant miss it.

BTW winamp v3 rocks!! playlists are exported as XML!! Ive just written some XSL to display my playlist on my website. Takes out all the hassle of having to rewrite my webpages. Saves me hours. Im happy.
Wed 11/12/02 at 08:19
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
On the subject of playlists - does anyone know where I can download winamp version 1 or 2 please? I think the official site has got rid of them in place of version 3 which sucks.
Tue 10/12/02 at 22:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
4560 songs.

All within itunes.

Mac's rule.
Tue 10/12/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've got over 1000 mp3s and MusicMatch is perfect for me. May not be for everyone's liking.
Tue 10/12/02 at 22:34
"Uzi Lover"
Just getting MusicMatch now.

I just took a look at Real One Player and the way it sorts is rpetty cool but the whole thing loads up too slow. It always has. Remember it crashing alot too.

I listen to my CD's through Windows Media Player. I like the way I can display the album's front cover in the centre part where say a video would play.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I use MediaPlayer.

Nowt wrong with it. To my eyes anyway.

RealOne annoys me.

I have about 2241 mins of music. All nicely ordered and structured.

And about an hour of MP3s - again all ordered etc.

Hehe.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
I use RealOne Player, the "My Library" section rules. Easy way of keeping track of all my music.

Currently I have 81 tracks; Around 8 Oasis songs, 3 Del Amitri songs, 2 Calling songs, and one each from Avril Lavigne, Coldplay, Puddle Of Mudd, Bon Jovi, Manics and Creed.

The rest are all Counting Crows. :D
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:39
"Uzi Lover"
Grandprix wrote:
> I'm using MusicMatch. Been using it for years.

Ah, I'll give that a go.
Tue 10/12/02 at 18:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm using MusicMatch. Been using it for years.
Tue 10/12/02 at 17:33
"Uzi Lover"
My mate uses Media Player, says it's best but your right it does suck balls.

I am using Winamp now, got a cool skin on it too. But I don't think much of it's playlist. May end up using it though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.