GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X - 6 out of 10!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 21:37
Regular
How can an unamed magazine have the cheek to call FFX a game worthy of SIX OUT OF TEN! The game is graphically impressive, the story is human-like, the music is magical, the characters are original, Al Bhed is ingenious and it keeps the FF series going in true style. Lets rally against the ludicrious rating!
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:37
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
How can an unamed magazine have the cheek to call FFX a game worthy of SIX OUT OF TEN! The game is graphically impressive, the story is human-like, the music is magical, the characters are original, Al Bhed is ingenious and it keeps the FF series going in true style. Lets rally against the ludicrious rating!
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Edge did give its reasons for the 6/10 score:

Puzzles involving little thought
Unbreakable animation sequences
Unpredictably deadly boss encounters
Infinite numbers of unavoidable non-threatening random battles
Linearity
Irritating lead character
Lack of evolution in the series considering this is next generation software
Voice acting that butchers the game
Nauseating dialogue

Apart from that, 6/10 means 'competent' in Edge's scoring system, so better than 5/10 which means 'average' in their book.

But like they said, it won't stop the fans (me for one) buying it no matter how inferior it may seem to other RPGs out there, because for the fans the good qualities of the game outweigh the bad ones listed above.
Thu 21/02/02 at 21:16
I recently downloaded a theme from Final Fantasy X called, "Crumbling Of Time".

For some reason, this theme is the exact theme of the music score for the blockbuster movie, "The Rock", which I am sure you have all seen and would agree that it is totally amazing, which inspired the gameplay found in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - I guess that's my opinion, really.

Anyway, this theme I had downloaded of FFX is the same tune as in the movie.

Why? Is it supposed to be, or is someone just playing a game and editing things before submitting them online for us to download?

Even Time Crisis II includes the theme from The Rock, but the one in TCII is adapted. The theme from FFX is the exact same version as that of the movie.

Does anyone else know about this, or better yet, know why it's in this game's soundtrack? It's a great theme by Hans Zimmer (Mission Impossible, Gladiator) and Harry-Gregson Williams (MGS2, Enemy Of The State), but it just doesn’t suit this type of game.

Oh well...
Thu 21/02/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Back For Good"
STOP LISTENING TO EDGE MAGAZINE!!!!!

THEY'RE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!
Fri 22/02/02 at 08:58
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Why? Because their opinion is different to yours?
Fri 22/02/02 at 09:07
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Bleeders who are u talking 2 me or ResEvil fan?
Fri 22/02/02 at 10:18
Regular
"699 days!"
Res€vilfan wrote:
> STOP LISTENING TO EDGE MAGAZINE!!!!!

THEY'RE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!

I actually agree (some of the time). They gave Super Smash Brothers:Melee 6/10. Crazy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.