GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which film would make a good game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 18:50
Regular
What films do you think would make excellent games. I know there is Die Hard etc., But what do you think of these -

Gone in 60 seconds

Gladiator

Lethal Weapon

Blade

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

What do you think? Any other suggestions?
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:50
Regular
What films do you think would make excellent games. I know there is Die Hard etc., But what do you think of these -

Gone in 60 seconds

Gladiator

Lethal Weapon

Blade

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

What do you think? Any other suggestions?
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:53
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
First Blood (the first Rambo film).

It could be a mix of genres from beat 'em up in the police station, off road racer with the police car chasing the motorbike, stealth 'em up in the woods alongside some nice puzzle elements, and a combination of genres for the shootout in the town at the end.
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:31
Regular
"That's right!"
Gone in 60 seconds - Driver is already out (basically the same)

Gladiator - What type of game?

Lethal Weapon - 1st person shooter? Sounds good

Blade - Already one on the PS, apparantly it was poop

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - A beat 'em up? Could be good

Anyway, most games based on films are pretty much bull plop, except of course Goldeneye ;)
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
The thing is with games based on films the game developers do not have the creativity to do levels. A lot of Bond films revolve around immense action scenes then a lot of the time have more quiet scenes. As a result game developers are very much restricted in making their game good without editing the storyline too much.

I don't think any film can make a good game really. Goldeneye of course is an exception. Out of all those though I'd have to say Gone in 60 Seconds but it would again be limited. Once you have stolen all the cars.. then what is going to happen in the game?
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:01
Regular
What about Metal Gear Solid? Like it did on Playstation, people might prefer the stealthy approach rather than the traditional all-guns-blazing routine. If done properly the MGS would be much better than Mission Impossible for example. How would you have play Solid Snake?

Revolver Ocelot - Sean Connery (when he had long hair like in The Rock)
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
CT,HD is being made for the GC.
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:07
"possibly impossible"
Rambo was done, as a commando style scrolling game on the 8-bits. Not bad either as I recall.

Nah, you want genre changing film based games. Programmers would have to think about exactly how to impliment the stranger end of the film market, it would be good for them too.

Naked Lunch (try saving your game on THAT typewriter Resi Evil fans!)
Hellraiser (Pinhead jigsaw anyone?)
When Harry Met Sally (orgasm mini game, anyone?)
Clockwork Orange (the game would spark more controvesy than the film, no doubt)
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:07
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> CT,HD is being made for the GC.

Really? Just a couple of questions

Whose developing it?
What sort of game will it be?
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:08
> Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

It's the "We Can Fly In Trees!" game.. sigh.
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
I think Braveheart would be a good game because it would be like a command and conque game were you battle the English to win and at the end of the game have a clip of the end of the game where he is getting his guts putted out with a hook and he crys freedom and have a paragraph saying that Scotland fougth on and got the independants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.