GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can i win with one post????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 18:39
Regular
I know this may be the wrong form but i know that more people come into this one.
So my question is............... do i have to have a record or something to win like say over 100 posts in forums and more than 10 reviews and walkthroughs and other stuff?????
Or do i have to be a member for more than say 30 days or whatever to win????

Or could anyone just come here on the first day and write something that wins?????

Id really like to know what i need to do to win so anyone who helps will earn my respect and i appriciate it very much.

thanks
cya
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hi guys
thanks for the replies
right ive got my head fixed now
im just posting for the fun of it
well i hope you guys like some of my posts that im going to do
Well seeing as though i am called HHH and the other guy is called Triple H why dont you just call him Trips and me HHH.
Yuo know it could get very confusing if you called someone else by my name because then id think you were talking to me but infact you arent.
You can call me whatever you want though
even sausagedingywithagoldenfondufork would be nice to hear.

only joking
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> The GAD staff guy who picks winners reads every post... so don't worry about
> that!

What bothers me is that there is a guy on the forums called Triple_H,
> and we call him HHH for short! How annoying!

Sonic

------

I may be wrong, but I thought there was already someone on the forums called HHH. Not Triple H (because I know there is a guy called that) but HHH. But SR say they never delete any accounts so I must be wrong.... but I seem sure....

Hmmmmm...
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:56
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Simple. Just called Triple_H HHH, and call this guy Hx3. Easy as a premade, ready warm, packaged in a rippable box, pie.
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well it's between him and other members of staff I suppose.

PS. Don't put cya after every post.
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:53
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
The GAD staff guy who picks winners reads every post... so don't worry about that!

What bothers me is that there is a guy on the forums called Triple_H, and we call him HHH for short! How annoying!

Sonic
"possibly impossible"
Nope, other staff members do most of that. You shouldn't expect them to read the posts you do, they try to read everything every day (yes, it's true!).

Just post for fun, and you may be surprised.
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Snuggly does pick GAD. He will look at every post created. (Oh what a horrible job that must be!)
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:49
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hi again everyone,
Is it Mr Snuggly who decides upon the winner of GAD and if so how can i make him look at my posts???

Thanks
cya
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hi pb,
Well ive done a few reviews already and i'll do some others soon.
I have / would never cop(ied)y someones stuff on here.
It is really stupid if someone would do that.

Sometimes though ive seen some people who have won for quite bad things that they have done so thats why i think that others should win and even myself too.

Thanks
cya
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:20
"possibly impossible"
Weeeeeeell, the idea was obviously too subtle for you...

The idea of these forums is to write posts that will be entertaining and maybe even informative. To win GAD is a bonus that can be achieved by writing the most entertaining post of the day. That doesn't mean it has to be funny, it can be serious, just so long as it serves a purpose.

Just don't write about the console wars, please. Oh, and don't expect miracles either, I've written some stuff that I considered pretty good recently and someone else won the GADS because, basically, they had written stuff that was better. That's how it should be, making us all strive for better posts all the time and as we get better, the stakes get higher.

Why not have a go at writing some reviews, after reading a few that have won recently to get an idea.

And, of course, never ever ever copy anyone else's posts, otherwise there will be hell to pay!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.