GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wahoo! Zelda arrived!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past'.
Wed 11/12/02 at 10:34
Regular
No, not the Wind Waker, but A link to the past on GBA. It's great! Everything looks the same, plays the same, and honestly, i'm glad for that, as I sold my SNES three years ago (Yeah, clever! :()

Anyway, those that have imported and are waiting, of those of you that have ordered it from SR *hint Hint* are in for a real treat.

Anyone have any questions?
Wed 11/12/02 at 12:53
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, you need more than one cart, but it is a 2-4 player game, so I guess you would only need two GBA's and two Carts.
Wed 11/12/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Sadly you will need a friend with a copy of the game and link-up cable to enjoy "Four Swords".

Link to the Past is very much identical to it's SNES brethren in every way, so you could be forking out £30 for a game you've already got unless of course, friends of your's will be picking "Four Swords" up too!
Wed 11/12/02 at 12:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Any idea if when using the link up option if you need more than one cartridge of the game? Or will the one game do like on other games?

I loved the game on the Snes, and finished it, but would love to play it again, thing is, is there any point in doing so? Are there any extra's or something else to make me feel the need to get this game?
Wed 11/12/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, multi-language problems do exist, but that's why I imported the USA version... :D

Anyway, had a brief look at Four Swords (Allows you to watch the cut-scene before you link up, Yes!) and something occured to me. There's an evil bad dude named Vaati (yes, with thow a's) who, well, I won't spoil it, but let's just say he has more than a few connections with the word 'Wind'.

Hmmm...
Wed 11/12/02 at 11:31
Regular
All GBA stuff is multi-reigon

Hence there is no PAL or NTSC Zelda game on the GBA, so yes, you can link up the import version with the PAL GC game.

Although there may be a problem with different language versions.
Wed 11/12/02 at 11:16
Regular
"^_^"
With four swords does it need to be a PAL one to link up with a PAL gamecube or a PAL Zelda Gamecube?
Wed 11/12/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Lol, yeah, i'll have to wait for it to ome out here, or persuade my friends to import....
Wed 11/12/02 at 10:54
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Microchips wrote:
> No, not the Wind Waker, but A link to the past on GBA. It's great!
> Everything looks the same, plays the same, and honestly, i'm glad for
> that, as I sold my SNES three years ago (Yeah, clever! :()
>
>
> Anyway, those that have imported and are waiting, of those of you that
> have ordered it from SR *hint Hint* are in for a real treat.
>
>
> Anyone have any questions?

Got mine at the weekend, although I don't have anyone to sample the delights of "Four Swords" with though. :(
Wed 11/12/02 at 10:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
No, not the Wind Waker, but A link to the past on GBA. It's great! Everything looks the same, plays the same, and honestly, i'm glad for that, as I sold my SNES three years ago (Yeah, clever! :()

Anyway, those that have imported and are waiting, of those of you that have ordered it from SR *hint Hint* are in for a real treat.

Anyone have any questions?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.