GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"20:02 20.02.2002"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 17:27
Regular
Scientists and psychics hail rare time symmetry
LONDON (Reuters) -

Two minutes past eight on Wednesday night marks a millennial mathematical curiosity with time and date forming a rare triple palindrome -- 20:02, 20/02/2002 -- reading the same backwards and forwards.

John Cremona, pure mathematics professor at Britain's Nottingham University, said the last time that date and time were aligned in this way was on the morning of November 11, in the year 1111.

He said that the time, date and year would be palindromic again in 110 years, at 12 minutes past nine in the evening of December 21, 2112 -- or 21:12, 21/12/2112.

London School of Economics mathematics professor Bernhard von Stengel said there would be many date-year palindromes in the 21st century, but only in the month of February, the second month "02", which flips into the year prefix "20".
Von Stengel said Wednesday's triple palindrome showed how stimulating maths can be.

"I think it's a lot of fun. It's great, because it encourages people to play with numbers," he said.

Israeli psychic Uri Geller planned to lead a day of spiritual meditation on Wednesday to mark the occasion.

"The date 20/02/2002 is very, very rare. Palindromic dates have always had very supernatural auras about them," he told Reuters.

He urged his followers to think positively at four points on Wednesday -- at 11:11 a.m., 13:11 p.m., 20:02 p.m. and 11:11 p.m. -- to encourage peace-building and personal growth.

"For two to three minutes there will be a massive surge of positive consciousness. It will be a moment to bring healing, a moment to bring peace," he said.

Asked how he would co-ordinate the meditations of his followers around the world, Geller said:

"I would appreciate everyone concentrating in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), but if you can't do that, take a moment when you can... The message is be positive, be optimistic and believe in yourself."

Courtesy of Reuters News service.
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:12
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I, like, totally aggree. The world should live in harmony, and, like, hold hands. We should all sing, like, "I want to teach the world to sing", and appear in freeserve adverts.

Peace Out.
Wed 20/02/02 at 21:03
Symmetry of numbers is nice and pretty and everything.. but it's a completely artificial concept.

In the same way that the 1999 - 2000 "millenium" new years celebration was just a great chance to go out and have a really good time.

The coincidences that we have 10 digits on the end of our arms and that we measure our time in "number of rotations around our sun" and "time between day and night divided by 24" don't bring me to believe that "2002 20022002" has any degree of mystical or spiritual value.. but hey, if it's an excuse for a "massive surge of positive consciousness" or world peace.. go for it.
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I was hoping to post at 20.02 of 20.02.2002 as it's my birthday and I thought it would give me good luck. Looks like I missed it though :/

I'm more special than you all because my birthdays on a panadromic date and yours is not so ner ner ner ner ner... :P
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:10
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I noticed.

I'm surprised no one predicted the world will end.
In fact, I'm pshycic. I will now predict your death...

You will die at the end of your life.

Spooky eh?
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
"es argh"
It has just happened, Hmmm, I feel spiritual. remembering Uri Gellar.
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:01
Regular
hmm good idea :p
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:59
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Ok, I'm now taking bets on how many people will start a new topic at 20:02 with something along the lines of "Whoo! Its 20:02 20-02-2002"

I'm saying at least 20.
:D
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Magic that is.

And so was Mr. Snuggly's post.

:D
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Uri Geller is a bender. Fact.
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah heard it this morning...

What will I do to celebrate at 2 mins past 8?

Breathe I guess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.