GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will game developers get rid of cheats?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/09/00 at 19:24
Regular
There haven't been many cheats found on the older consoles ie. NES, SNES, Atari and Mega Drive. But now I think games have been overhauled by cheats. Many games have included secret cheats uncovered by Game Shark and Game Genie Carts. Whoever buys those stuff should be known as lazy that don't want to spend a couple of hours a day completing a game by themselves. Games such as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have been hacked into by those Cheat cart companies and whoever buys them won't find out the true quality of a game. Now someone has found a cheat to finish the challenges easily, whoever found that should not be called a true gamer. I will never use those kind of cheats in my game until I've finsihed the game myself. Developers will have to make sure there is no way of hacking into them aswell as stopping piracy so their games can't be copied. Hopefully in the next gen consoles developers will spend a bit more time on their games and make sure none of the games will have cheats that can be used before completing a game or be used to complete the game it's just not the same feeling as completing it by yourself.
Fri 22/09/00 at 19:24
Regular
There haven't been many cheats found on the older consoles ie. NES, SNES, Atari and Mega Drive. But now I think games have been overhauled by cheats. Many games have included secret cheats uncovered by Game Shark and Game Genie Carts. Whoever buys those stuff should be known as lazy that don't want to spend a couple of hours a day completing a game by themselves. Games such as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have been hacked into by those Cheat cart companies and whoever buys them won't find out the true quality of a game. Now someone has found a cheat to finish the challenges easily, whoever found that should not be called a true gamer. I will never use those kind of cheats in my game until I've finsihed the game myself. Developers will have to make sure there is no way of hacking into them aswell as stopping piracy so their games can't be copied. Hopefully in the next gen consoles developers will spend a bit more time on their games and make sure none of the games will have cheats that can be used before completing a game or be used to complete the game it's just not the same feeling as completing it by yourself.
Fri 22/09/00 at 19:30
Regular
I think we have a new contender for quickest time game won in...
Fri 22/09/00 at 21:25
Regular
I you trying to say what I said is complete rubbish or is it great.

-The new guy's in Town and ready to rumble in SR Forum's.
Fri 22/09/00 at 22:25
Nope. Cheats mean people complete games quicker and they buy more games afterwards= more money for the games company. Why do you think official strategy guides for say Resident Evil come out just as the game is released? Because they want you to complete it as quick as possible. My advice is to just steer clear of it and enjoy games, without the cheats, its just not as satisfying that way.
Fri 22/09/00 at 23:48
Regular
That's true, has anyone told you he's completed his game and you see he's cheated. They woul feel gutted if you said you completed it without cheating.
Sat 23/09/00 at 13:44
Regular
Don't everybody think companies cheat on you to buy their game then a Guide and make you buy whatever else you need to make the game work?
Sun 10/12/00 at 14:58
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Is this yours Snipe?
Sun 10/12/00 at 15:13
Cheats should only be opened by playing a game properly the way it was supposed to be played......it adds incentive to completing the game, cheating spoils far to many games.
Sun 17/12/00 at 23:47
Regular
"everyone says it"
old now new
Mon 18/12/00 at 00:44
Regular
Why not put them in anyway?

If you want to cheat, fine.

If not, just don't.

You don't need them not to put cheats in the games for you not to use the cheats.
Jeez, who do you get to wipe your ar...m for you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.