GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are games better on consoles or PCs?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 11:18
Regular
Do PCs have a better capability to make better games? Is multiplayer better on a console? Are PC versions of console games better? What do people most enjoy playin games on PC or Console???
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:11
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
PC'S need updating every 3 months, need about a £1000 of hardware to make it look any good, you need space on your HD for loads of games, can crash for no reason.

consoles it's a bit easier, put game CD in and switch on.

you decide
Wed 20/02/02 at 16:00
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Edgy wrote:

However, there's a
> far bigger library of games that wouldn't quite work on a console anyway, mainly
> the point and click ones.

Broken Sword 2 on the GBA (havn't played it yet though, got the PC version instead :D)

UT on the PS2 crap? Is it an online game? i'm hoping i'll be able to play my mates when PS2 gets a modem.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:57
It depends on the type of game. If you tried to play SmashBros(N64) on a PC it would be rubbish, just as if you tried to play Unreal Tournament on a console (e.g. the Ps2 version) it would be rubbish as well.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:11
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Oh, Frogmaster, I love you.

Oh damn.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:11
Regular
Consoles are designed primarily for gaming, PC's aren't.

However, there's a far bigger library of games that wouldn't quite work on a console anyway, mainly the point and click ones.

Some games require a keyboard, so a console port from the PC might not work so well, but then again some games are easier to play on consoles anyway.

It basically depends on the games.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
both have pros and cons, I like playing console games on my own (e.g. RPGs...etc) but I like playing FPSs with my mates over the weekends..etc, but I like playing PC games online on weekdays, since I spend so much time online, thought it was a logical step.
Wed 20/02/02 at 15:02
i have a p.c, i also own games consoles and i much prefer the consoles to play games on,my p.c is mainly for internet use but with internet use coming to consoles my p.c will probably become redundant.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Do some people like question marks? Do they have a fetish for them? Why should they use them so much? And, Christ, what is the point in using more than one at once?????????????????????????????
Wed 20/02/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Acid Casual"
So many questions....
Wed 20/02/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have enough of my PC at work breaking down every 5 minutes.

Consoles are far superior.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.