GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sun"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/12/02 at 12:05
Regular
I had my work Chrimbo party last night so I'm feeling fairly hungover. But I feel I have to share this with you. One of the guys got a copy of The Sun and there's an insert in today's copy with DJ Spoony reviewing his favourite Xmas "action" games. In typical style, it's a disgustingly biased piece of crap which names nothing but PS2 games like The Getaway and FIFA 2003.
Why does it mention FIFA 2003 and not Pro Evo 2? Why is DJ Spoony reviewing the games and what makes him such a qualified expert?
Why is his "Spoony Verdict" given a one sentence media-friendly soundbite to encourage parents to buy the games?
I'll give you an example. His "Spoony Verdict" for The Lord of The rings - The Two Towers amounted to this:
"I'm a massive LoTR fan and this had me spellbound"

Excuse me? Where's the decent review telling you about the game? Where's the unbiased viewpoint? Where are the receipts showing how much the producers have paid The Sun for such an expensively stupid insert?

The worst thing is the fact that it's foolish stuff like this that causes misery to people who get unwanted games as Xmas presents.
Thu 12/12/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
bono is god wrote:
> My child, please. Join my cult and achieve worlds domination. It is
> the only way.

*Belldandy lines up crosshairs on sniper rifle and prepares to send someone to meet his god....*

Stop posting crap bono, and get a decent user name whilst you're at it eh ?

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:30
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> bono is god wrote:
> Join me in heaven and we will discuss the matter further.
>
> SHUT UP!

well said
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:24
"I hate that!!!"
bono is god wrote:
> Join me in heaven and we will discuss the matter further.

SHUT UP!
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Read the original post I made and reply to it in that context.
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
My child, please. Join my cult and achieve worlds domination. It is the only way.
Thu 12/12/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'd rather rot in hell than "join" you, you warped fool!
Thu 12/12/02 at 12:59
Regular
Bono is your God and will not accept these insulting, violent comments. Change your ways or you will pay in hell. Join me before its too late.
Thu 12/12/02 at 12:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Damn you to Hades, Bono! I've posted a genuine concern. The least you could do is reply with an intelligent post.

*slaps Bono around the head repeatedly with his copy of the Bible until Bono's head is bruised, battered and bleeding*
Thu 12/12/02 at 12:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
what you gunna do? shove a pitchfork up his butt?
Thu 12/12/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Gamers are well informed, and rarely have a bad game in their collection. Parents however are easily duped by endorsement, as they cant be bothered with proper research. Publishers know this, and go for rags like the sun because they sell well to parents. They know full well that it'll be read by people looking for a game for their kid, read that Spoony recons it's cool, and buy a copy for their kid.

If your parents are like that, then tip them off over what games you want. It might ruin the surprise, but it;s better than getting a lemon and having to look happy for the photos.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.