GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fluid Intelligence - Number Patterns"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/09/07 at 12:07
Regular
"Mooching around"
Sir Francis Galton, the cousin of Charles Darwin, first popularized the notion of measurable intelligence in the late 1800s. Charles Spearman later discovered that all mental abilities tend to correlate together when statistically analyzed. He called this G. Modern researchers tend to agree that there are two kinds of intelligence, crystallized intelligence (learned knowledge) and fluid intelligence (abstract processing ability). Most non-verbal intelligence tests measure the latter. Some research suggests that fluid intelligence may correlate best to G.

Just another test from Similar Minds, the quiz shows you 15 different sets of number patterns, and you have to work out the next next number in the sequence.

I scored 77% on this test, which apparently means I'm better than 77% of the people who took the test before me. ^-^

Click Here and try for yourself :)
Wed 19/09/07 at 23:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
Heh, who knows? :) I just guessed!
Wed 19/09/07 at 12:27
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Chaos wrote:
> I just chose 81, it was the next odd square. :S

4 and 16 aren't odd :P
I assumed the base was increasing by 2, 3, 4... etc each time but for all we know it could have been the Fibonacci sequence or something. o_o
Wed 19/09/07 at 12:03
Regular
"not dead"
I also got 94% despite seeing no relationship between half of the numbers, and using guesswork on possible relationships.

I don't think it works.
Wed 19/09/07 at 09:56
Regular
"Mooching around"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Yeah I didn't really get them.
>
> Another one I didn't get was the 4, 16, 49 one. It seems to be a
> series of squares but it doesn't hint very clearly what the base
> is increasing by.

I just chose 81, it was the next odd square. :S
Tue 18/09/07 at 17:42
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I did the same, then put in random numbers. I got 4%. Quite startling really.
Mon 17/09/07 at 15:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gota few, lost interest, closed window.

loathe maths.
i`d like to be better at it and always mean to brush up on it, but always end up doing something animatey instead.

i can track and alter variables and things when i write scripts, so i`m not a complete dunce, just don`t get on that well with maths.
Mon 17/09/07 at 12:01
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yeah I didn't really get them.

Another one I didn't get was the 4, 16, 49 one. It seems to be a series of squares but it doesn't hint very clearly what the base is increasing by.
Sun 16/09/07 at 21:32
Regular
"Mooching around"
Damn you bob! I didn't get the 900s one, or the 1000-2000s one... amongst others.
Sun 16/09/07 at 20:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
94% :)

--

But some of those were just totally cryptic.
Sun 16/09/07 at 18:39
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Damn that's hard. XD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.