GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its beaten Secret of Mana."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/12/02 at 15:26
Regular
Many of you may have clicked on this topic with shock (if you know me). Personally, my favorite game of all time has been Secret of Mana on the Super Nintendo. This game I played with my brother and sister till we completed it was just something in its own right. Three players all on one screen in a beautiful RPG... anyways, enough on that game... something has taken the number one spot for my favorite game of all time.

Remember when you played SNES games in 2D, the sidescrollers as it were and you just thought... it will be incredible when they create 3D... Now, many a gamer is crying like a big overgrown bottled baby (bit too far their Joby) to get the system reversed in such a way that 2D gaming elements are used to make the modern games.

With all these beautiful looking 3D games. People have forgotten what gaming is about.

*takes a big breath*

Metroid Prime is the best game ever.
That's my opinion and now I want you to hear me out.

If anyone ever tells you its the best First Person Shooter ever I want you to correct them. Metroid Prime is not an FPS as like Halo was. Metroid Prime is a First Person Adventure. Prime has captures everything that made the SNES games so damn bloody good into a 3D game. Its created its own hybrid genre. Its the next generation of console games. Forget Zelda and the 40/40. Prime is where the future of gaming is and you should get your monkey loving finger onto the games details and preorder one from SR now.

It seems to me the game has managed to go beyond what Halo set as a standard for a visual where you enter the visor and look around. No doubt, Halo was a fantastic game. Superb in its own right. Yet Metroid seems to sit on Master Chiefs face and place Samus as the King and to be correct Queen of all games. I ran around Halo thinking, this just looks superb, even the repetitive grass patches were forgiven. Nintendo, no sorry, Retro have taken a huge lit cigar and burnt it through the mold set by Bungie. Nothing is repeated. Everything is unique.

Worst control set up ever?

Many of you will get this game. If you don't I feel tempted to smash ur fac wit stik. When you get the game. I expect to hear a huge amount of shouts about how stupid the control set up is, you cannot run and freely look around at the same time. Well, if you think about it. You are in a huge armoured suit, when you spend a few hours in the game. It feels natural. You adapt to this strange and original set up and you WILL agree that it was meant this way. Come to think of it, surely if this is what would happen in such a suit. Bungie made a big mistake in terms of realism.

The atmosphere created sends realday time into a spin. You become emerged, just like a good book and when you place the control down you scratch your eyes at why five hours has gone past.

This game is beyond everything I expected. At one point it was just a game that looked good. I never expected it to be a game that made me remember what gaming is about.

Metroid has restored my faith in gaming. This style better continue. Its a game you never want to end. You don't feel rushed to complete it and you definetely will find yourself completing it more than once. Me? I am on my first time around. I just stand their watching the shadows and changing my visor.

I just stand there.

This is 'the game'. It deserves its own machine.
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
Many of you may have clicked on this topic with shock (if you know me). Personally, my favorite game of all time has been Secret of Mana on the Super Nintendo. This game I played with my brother and sister till we completed it was just something in its own right. Three players all on one screen in a beautiful RPG... anyways, enough on that game... something has taken the number one spot for my favorite game of all time.

Remember when you played SNES games in 2D, the sidescrollers as it were and you just thought... it will be incredible when they create 3D... Now, many a gamer is crying like a big overgrown bottled baby (bit too far their Joby) to get the system reversed in such a way that 2D gaming elements are used to make the modern games.

With all these beautiful looking 3D games. People have forgotten what gaming is about.

*takes a big breath*

Metroid Prime is the best game ever.
That's my opinion and now I want you to hear me out.

If anyone ever tells you its the best First Person Shooter ever I want you to correct them. Metroid Prime is not an FPS as like Halo was. Metroid Prime is a First Person Adventure. Prime has captures everything that made the SNES games so damn bloody good into a 3D game. Its created its own hybrid genre. Its the next generation of console games. Forget Zelda and the 40/40. Prime is where the future of gaming is and you should get your monkey loving finger onto the games details and preorder one from SR now.

It seems to me the game has managed to go beyond what Halo set as a standard for a visual where you enter the visor and look around. No doubt, Halo was a fantastic game. Superb in its own right. Yet Metroid seems to sit on Master Chiefs face and place Samus as the King and to be correct Queen of all games. I ran around Halo thinking, this just looks superb, even the repetitive grass patches were forgiven. Nintendo, no sorry, Retro have taken a huge lit cigar and burnt it through the mold set by Bungie. Nothing is repeated. Everything is unique.

Worst control set up ever?

Many of you will get this game. If you don't I feel tempted to smash ur fac wit stik. When you get the game. I expect to hear a huge amount of shouts about how stupid the control set up is, you cannot run and freely look around at the same time. Well, if you think about it. You are in a huge armoured suit, when you spend a few hours in the game. It feels natural. You adapt to this strange and original set up and you WILL agree that it was meant this way. Come to think of it, surely if this is what would happen in such a suit. Bungie made a big mistake in terms of realism.

The atmosphere created sends realday time into a spin. You become emerged, just like a good book and when you place the control down you scratch your eyes at why five hours has gone past.

This game is beyond everything I expected. At one point it was just a game that looked good. I never expected it to be a game that made me remember what gaming is about.

Metroid has restored my faith in gaming. This style better continue. Its a game you never want to end. You don't feel rushed to complete it and you definetely will find yourself completing it more than once. Me? I am on my first time around. I just stand their watching the shadows and changing my visor.

I just stand there.

This is 'the game'. It deserves its own machine.
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im going to paint samus onto my cube.

Im cool like that.
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:36
Regular
Good then?
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Good then?

The game is the best game ever. I can make this statement with no question of being wrong. I take philosophy. Everything I say is valid. :P
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It'll have to be good to beat Secret of Mana - one of my favourite games ever! The days spent playing three player SoM are fond memories...
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:41
"Uzi Lover"
Anyone know how much I would have to pay for a US Platinum GameCube with the thing to let you play PAL games etc?
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
Unbeliever wrote:
> It'll have to be good to beat Secret of Mana - one of my favourite
> games ever! The days spent playing three player SoM are fond
> memories...

A fellow Manion? Excellent. They are fond memories. Yet you won't believe what I have said about Metroid until you have it yourself.

Mana is the best game ever.
Metroid is better.

:-D
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Anyone know how much I would have to pay for a US Platinum GameCube
> with the thing to let you play PAL games etc?

You actually made no sense. Ask me on msn and I will try and decode your question with a reasonable answer...

o.O
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:45
Regular
Skies of Arcadia is the best game ever.

Surely it can't be that?
Thu 12/12/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Anyone know how much I would have to pay for a US Platinum GameCube
> with the thing to let you play PAL games etc?

£100. (truthfully)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.