GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In the post..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/02/02 at 10:00
Regular
After breakfast, i wondered down to check the post.
First thing i noticed was a magazine, face down. Was it?... yes, slam magazine (american, basketball), had finally arrived. Then, ooh, a package. Birhtday present (belated) from one of my friends back home (v-ralley 99 for the 64, good stuff), some post, icluding the new sr catalogue. That sound system looks good, i'll probably end up buying that come may. Then... oh, a big package. Could it be? I checked, yes, it was for me. Surely now, my imported cube controller had finally arrived?

Oh yes. Spice truely does look nasty, whatever tony says. And for an agonising few minutes, i couldn't open the thing - heat sealed package, needing scissors. It's just cruel!

Still, i finally got it open, and as i picked it up, thought about how it'd best fit into my grip. Without realising it, i found myself holding it in perfect ready-playing position. Just instinctively, truely great design. The analogue l and r buttons are truely beautiful.
The only problems i can foresee are moving between b and x or y buttons, r and z (the two shoulder buttons on the right, or the main analogue stick and d-pad.
Even the start button is within easy reach.

I'm very impressed.
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:18
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i noticed that when i saw it the display box ... they had to tilt it .. lol ! maybe it was just for show or something ?

also Solskjær , you can get them for £22 from dvdboxoffice , plus free shipping world wide !!!!! not a bad deal at all !
Wed 20/02/02 at 17:32
"penguins in hawaii?"
Starlight wrote:
> Well I don't know much about the GC controller but today I saw an X Box in my
> local games shop, it wasn't running though dammit, they had it switched off.
> Anyway what a brick if anyone is going to buy that I suggest you put a roof rack
> on your car to carry it home. Oh anyway I picked the controller up and it isn't
> too bad but it did feel a little weird in my grip, bit bulky I say, still what a
> brick the X Box is.

I agree, i was playing on an x-box at gatwick airport last week, not only is the x-box bigger than about 3 gamecubes, they had to slant it so that it would fit inside the display box!!!!

Moving on to the controller- it is amazing how big it is! I thought things were supposed to get smaller as technology improves, it's like they have taken a step back several years! There is no reason why it should be that big, it is really ridiculous to think that microsoft acctually intend to sell a breeze brick with a boulder atached by string! Strange!!
Wed 20/02/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
How much do the official controllers cost on import??
And I know they work, but does it all come in Japanese or anything??
Wed 20/02/02 at 17:18
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Well I don't know much about the GC controller but today I saw an X Box in my local games shop, it wasn't running though dammit, they had it switched off. Anyway what a brick if anyone is going to buy that I suggest you put a roof rack on your car to carry it home. Oh anyway I picked the controller up and it isn't too bad but it did feel a little weird in my grip, bit bulky I say, still what a brick the X Box is.
Wed 20/02/02 at 12:16
Regular
Heh, got my Spice Orange controller on import today as well :)

And yes, it was a bloody b!tch to open!

Desert Beetle the GC pad is similar in size to the PS2 pad. How can you say it looks really uncomfortable? Maybe it may just be me, but I found the GC pad to be much more comfortable than the PS2 pad. Its just a better fit, grips not a problem, and the new rubbery sticks are also V.nice.
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:26
Regular
Hmm, really didn't expect to hear that about the x-box controller. I guess it shows something about how much you can rely on assumptions without trying the thing.

The cube one is very nice tho, and it feels incredibly natural to hold, everything in the right place.

With going to the d-pad from main analogue stick i kind of tilt the controller forward a little for my thumb to fit over it. Might just be because i don't have full movement at the thumb joints though (old injuries that didn't set right). It takes a little repositioning on the other side, but nothing major, So long as you don't have to move around much. Bear in mind i've not even had it for a full hour yet, this is just first impressions.
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:15
I'm glad to hear that your controller is working fine, because I nearly fell off of my reclining chair when I first saw a picture of the GC controller - it looks so big (not as big as the X Box one though!) and spread out. It looks difficult to grip, because two of the parts look so far apart. You probably don't know what I'm about but the bottom line is: it looks really difficult to hold. It's ironic, because I found the X Box controller to fit my small hands nicely, but most others I've spoken to hate the X Box controller. I can see a reversal of roles here!
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:00
Regular
After breakfast, i wondered down to check the post.
First thing i noticed was a magazine, face down. Was it?... yes, slam magazine (american, basketball), had finally arrived. Then, ooh, a package. Birhtday present (belated) from one of my friends back home (v-ralley 99 for the 64, good stuff), some post, icluding the new sr catalogue. That sound system looks good, i'll probably end up buying that come may. Then... oh, a big package. Could it be? I checked, yes, it was for me. Surely now, my imported cube controller had finally arrived?

Oh yes. Spice truely does look nasty, whatever tony says. And for an agonising few minutes, i couldn't open the thing - heat sealed package, needing scissors. It's just cruel!

Still, i finally got it open, and as i picked it up, thought about how it'd best fit into my grip. Without realising it, i found myself holding it in perfect ready-playing position. Just instinctively, truely great design. The analogue l and r buttons are truely beautiful.
The only problems i can foresee are moving between b and x or y buttons, r and z (the two shoulder buttons on the right, or the main analogue stick and d-pad.
Even the start button is within easy reach.

I'm very impressed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.