GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloadinf problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 23:53
Regular
Hey there everyone.

I've just tried downloaded some files, (.zip's mainly) using the normal method of the gray box poping up with the info about Doanload Rate, Time of download, etc..

Anywaym it used to ask me if I wanted to save it or open it or cancel it and if I clicked "Save as", where I wanted to save it. But all of a sudden the box doesn't come up to ask what to do ... Save, open, cencel. It just starts downloading in a Temp store, which I don't want, does anyone know what is up, why this has suddenly happened???

It's really anoyiong.

Thanks for your help.
Mon 25/02/02 at 23:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just thougt I'd let you know it's fixed :o)

I E-mail the people at WinZip, and they answered a hour or two later with a solution ... didn't work so I E-mailed them telling them this, another reply withing 2 hours, and they'd solved my problem.

Now THAT is Support, and I don't even have to pay for it.

It was a file type setting thingy, somewhere somehow a checkbox got ticked which shouldn't have been... oh well.

Thanks for your help though everyone :o).
Mon 25/02/02 at 00:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It only seems to be WinZip (.zip) files which directly goto the TEMP Folder. Any other file comes up OK with the "What would I like to do box".

Does anyone know if this is something I've done to my WinZip???? and how to fix it??
Thu 21/02/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've always used Download Accelerator. It's very good.
Thu 21/02/02 at 19:16
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
But watch out for spyware - I don't trust too many download managers, although I have used DLExpert before now.
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:54
Use a download manager.

Try GetRight -- http://www.getright.com/
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:09
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
That does sound like something that could be it.

Do you know where the settings would be for that particular thing?? I can't seem to find it.
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:54
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Not sure if this is any help, but i there's an option you can check on the box that says 'always ask before opening this type of file' which pops up (the grey box that askes to open or save the file - if you checked / unchecked it by accident it will do whatever it was set to all the time. I'd play around in the settings and see what you can find.
Wed 20/02/02 at 17:53
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm still at college right now, so can't look on my 'poter.

Could someone tell me where this Temp Folder is located??
Wed 20/02/02 at 11:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It's suddenly happening on any Download I attempt, .zip .exe etc... anything, on any site.
Wed 20/02/02 at 08:40
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I've seen this recently, it only happens with a few downloads though, but i've got no idea whats happening...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.