GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well Well"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/12/02 at 20:54
Regular
Taken from Cube.ign.com

THQ Says Xbox Gaining Traction
And that GameCube is struggling.

December 12, 2002 - Earlier today in a Dow Jones release, THQ's president and CEO Brian Farrell said that he thinks that Microsoft is "gaining traction" with sales of its Xbox console. He also noted that Nintendo's next-generation hardware seems to be in a popularity slump.
"I think we'll hear better Xbox hardware sales, while GameCube is still struggling," Farrell said.

Farrell's comments are the latest in a stream of complaints from publishers dissatisfied with GameCube's current selling rate in the market.

Nintendo of America is betting on a strong showing of its big holiday title Metroid Prime, a first-person action-adventure set in a sci-fi backdrop, coupled with its new Platinum GameCube, to drive sales of hardware and software through the fourth quarter.

More as it becomes available
Thu 12/12/02 at 22:44
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
I know its in retaliation for coming in the xbox forum and saying a xbox fanboy is in their forum grrrrr!
Thu 12/12/02 at 22:24
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Hey Silent, you do know that some of the Nintendo forum will be issuing Fattawa's against you for posting something like this, right ?

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 12/12/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
yeah..I was going to get a GC but with the price drop and great bundle offers, I was persuaded to get an X-Box..! If Nintendo are going to get anywhere in the console wars, then they're going to have to drop the price.
Thu 12/12/02 at 21:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well as you say its getting late in the season, if they dont drop within the next week then it will be too late.
Thu 12/12/02 at 20:59
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
when do you reckon if the dont drop it soon people will of already bought a xbox or ps2 for xmas and it will be too late.
Thu 12/12/02 at 20:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its been like this for a few weeks apparently. Thats why im expecting a price drop anytime soon.
Thu 12/12/02 at 20:54
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Taken from Cube.ign.com

THQ Says Xbox Gaining Traction
And that GameCube is struggling.

December 12, 2002 - Earlier today in a Dow Jones release, THQ's president and CEO Brian Farrell said that he thinks that Microsoft is "gaining traction" with sales of its Xbox console. He also noted that Nintendo's next-generation hardware seems to be in a popularity slump.
"I think we'll hear better Xbox hardware sales, while GameCube is still struggling," Farrell said.

Farrell's comments are the latest in a stream of complaints from publishers dissatisfied with GameCube's current selling rate in the market.

Nintendo of America is betting on a strong showing of its big holiday title Metroid Prime, a first-person action-adventure set in a sci-fi backdrop, coupled with its new Platinum GameCube, to drive sales of hardware and software through the fourth quarter.

More as it becomes available

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.