GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/09/00 at 11:17
Regular
Driver is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played on playstation, or PC. The atmosphere is spot on the tunes are great, but where Driver really excelled itself was in the playability department. The game had me addicted from day one, driving around LA and San Francisco, day or night, rain or shine. But perhaps the best thing about Driver is the replay option. Unlike normal racing games this option is superb, partly because in Driver, you actually can actually do something interesting - Ram raid a restaurant, write off a cop car, drive into oncoming traffic and yes even crash (Something you don't see in Gran Turismo). The only bad thing about Driver was the ridiculously hard last level, but then the games so much fun to play that you don't really mind playing the level for 4 hours non stop. Then just as I thought the fun was over I realised there are lots of bonus modes in the game such as - Car Chase, Getaway and perhaps my favourite survival mode which is a bit like Destruction Derby but more fun.
Which is why I just can't wait for Driver 2 to be released. I've seen a Demo and it looks breathtaking, with a 2-player mode, better cut scenes, and the option to get out of your vehicle and steal that School Bus you've always wanted to drive. This time though the action isn't just in America, but Europe too, with all new citys to explore - Driver 2 has all the markings of a great game. In the meantime Driver is now really cheap on playstation, so anyone who missed this classic should pick up a copy today. Driver 2 however looks amazing, and is sure to be a must purchase. The best racing game ever, is about to get ten times better!
Fri 22/09/00 at 11:17
Driver is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played on playstation, or PC. The atmosphere is spot on the tunes are great, but where Driver really excelled itself was in the playability department. The game had me addicted from day one, driving around LA and San Francisco, day or night, rain or shine. But perhaps the best thing about Driver is the replay option. Unlike normal racing games this option is superb, partly because in Driver, you actually can actually do something interesting - Ram raid a restaurant, write off a cop car, drive into oncoming traffic and yes even crash (Something you don't see in Gran Turismo). The only bad thing about Driver was the ridiculously hard last level, but then the games so much fun to play that you don't really mind playing the level for 4 hours non stop. Then just as I thought the fun was over I realised there are lots of bonus modes in the game such as - Car Chase, Getaway and perhaps my favourite survival mode which is a bit like Destruction Derby but more fun.
Which is why I just can't wait for Driver 2 to be released. I've seen a Demo and it looks breathtaking, with a 2-player mode, better cut scenes, and the option to get out of your vehicle and steal that School Bus you've always wanted to drive. This time though the action isn't just in America, but Europe too, with all new citys to explore - Driver 2 has all the markings of a great game. In the meantime Driver is now really cheap on playstation, so anyone who missed this classic should pick up a copy today. Driver 2 however looks amazing, and is sure to be a must purchase. The best racing game ever, is about to get ten times better!
Fri 22/09/00 at 11:41
Have you ever seen Gran Turismo? THAT is the best racing game ever, and with GT 2000 on the PS2, thats going to get a lot better too? I would have to agree that it is a original game, something that you dont normally see in a racing game, but GT does beat Driver by a long way, but its your opinion.
Fri 22/09/00 at 13:40
Gran Turismo is an excellent racing game, but Driver takes the biscuit, its playability it what makes it stand out above the run of the mill racing games. Its so much more addictive than GT, but then again thats just my opinion. What do the rest of you think the best racing game is? Mario Kart, RRT4, GT, Driver or even Spy Hunter (A true classic).
Fri 22/09/00 at 13:44
Regular
"not dead"
I'd have to say that MarioKart is the most fun driving game I've ever played.
Fri 22/09/00 at 15:33
Oh Spy hunter is one to get out of the attic! Ill bet I can beat any of you on here at the original Mario Kart, which is probably the racing game I have played the most ever, cause its so good. i would say though that Driver is an original game, and does breat a fresh breath of life into a genre which would normally involve driving clockwise round a tarmac circuit or dirt track(I dont want to offend you rally lovers out there!)
Fri 22/09/00 at 15:35
Somebody please organise some kind of Mario Kart Tournament so I could beat you all at it!! Oh id love to!
Fri 22/09/00 at 17:51
Regular
I expect we all live a very long way from eachother, so that would be a bit of a pointless shame. Ah well, but we should do a internet game one day, at something.
Fri 22/09/00 at 18:04
Hmm... Mario Kart over the internet... I hope that happens one day, then I will be crowned World Champion!
Fri 22/09/00 at 18:10
Regular
Another good reason to get a Gamecube.
(How can that not happen! Internet ready Mario Kart! God that will be fun!)
Fri 22/09/00 at 18:11
Agreed. Mario Kart would look ace on Gamecube, and at 199.99, it would definately be a good console to buy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.