GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Confused"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
Here's the last couple of paragraphs of WrestleZone's report on Heat last week, where my faves Scotty and Albert faced the Dudley Boyz:

Albert knocks BuhBuh over the top, and then they slam into D-Von in the corner. BuhBuh runs in and knocks Albert outside, but Scotty does the same to BuhBuh. Stacy runs in and pulls down Scotty's pants, so Albert climbs back in and gives her the Giant Swing.

Albert tosses BuhBuh off the top, allowing Scotty to hit the facebuster and the Worm, followed by Albert's vertical splash. Scotty baseball slides D-Von as Albert pins 1-2-3!

Now, at No Way Out Scotty and Albert came out first to quite a few boos (b******s), and then lost cleanly to Christian and Lance Storm in around 2 minutes, who aren't even a proper tag team.

And yet, on Heat, they CLEANLY bet the most successful tag team ever! In the words of the Hurricane, wassup with dat?
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:55
Regular
Desert Beetle wrote:
> It's very annoying to watch this happen, but if it didn't the WWF would lose a
> lot of it's viewers, because nobody wants to see Triple H win day in and day out
> without a loss, because that's boring. Quite a lot of the time, the Smackdown
> before said Pay-Per-View, the two main eventers just beat the hell out of each
> other, with one leaving the other one bloody and beaten. I've noticed a pattern
> in the past 3 or 4 years, that the person who is left bloodied and beaten
> normally wins. Also, if someone wins two straight matches against an opponent,
> the feud finishes. You can tell when Y2J is going to lose, because he walks down
> the ramp in less than 1 minute. If he wins, he walks down a lot slower. Just a
> tidbit there.

They did that with Jericho before Vengeance. He was pinned clean by Stone Cold the Raw before ad everyone said he had no chance, then he won. Becuase the WWF tends to go with the person you least expect what they think is unpredictable is actually predictable.
Wed 20/02/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Where's SR?"
The great thing about the tag team division is that it's so competitive. Cheating is difficult to identify so clean wins occur often. The tag team division is starting to shape up with Scotty and Albert and Chuck and Billy forming coherent tag teams. I would still like to see a young tag team of unknowns to come in and make their breakthrough.
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> It won't be Angle vs Y2J, that would be suicide

I'm sure they'll do what they
> did the year before last, and bring in one or two people at the last minute
> (most likely HHH)

----

It isn't going to be Angle vs Jericho...
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:00
It's very annoying to watch this happen, but if it didn't the WWF would lose a lot of it's viewers, because nobody wants to see Triple H win day in and day out without a loss, because that's boring. Quite a lot of the time, the Smackdown before said Pay-Per-View, the two main eventers just beat the hell out of each other, with one leaving the other one bloody and beaten. I've noticed a pattern in the past 3 or 4 years, that the person who is left bloodied and beaten normally wins. Also, if someone wins two straight matches against an opponent, the feud finishes. You can tell when Y2J is going to lose, because he walks down the ramp in less than 1 minute. If he wins, he walks down a lot slower. Just a tidbit there.
Wed 20/02/02 at 09:01
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
It shows that Christian and Lance Storm rule :-D
Tue 19/02/02 at 23:30
Regular
"That's right!"
It won't be Angle vs Y2J, that would be suicide

I'm sure they'll do what they did the year before last, and bring in one or two people at the last minute (most likely HHH)
Tue 19/02/02 at 23:24
Regular
"Back in black"
AfroJoe wrote:
> That always happens.

Look at Angle. Around Summerslam he was destroying
> Austin but now he can barely defeat anyone without cheating.

Same with
> Jericho. He could beat Benoit and Angle but now look at him.

'Boring'
'Boring'
'Boring'

That is the reason that I don't want to see those two A- holes in a WM main event. Neither do the WWF fans, bar the odd few who can't spell BEAT (Yes Ant:)
Tue 19/02/02 at 23:17
Regular
"..."
Looks like The Dudleys have been aked to start helping put other teams across...which is nice...just what we need...a heel version of the APA :|
Tue 19/02/02 at 22:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That always happens.

Look at Angle. Around Summerslam he was destroying Austin but now he can barely defeat anyone without cheating.

Same with Jericho. He could beat Benoit and Angle but now look at him.
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:43
Regular
"That's right!"
Bonus boy?

Crazy

As for Scotty and Albert, yeah that kind of thing will always happen

The only heels who couldn't be beaten by the lower guys were the big guys like Kane, Big Show, and of course, HHH

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.