GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"even more megaton"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/12/02 at 16:11
Regular
this was found by one of my mates today...
probably been seen by a few of you already

CAPCOM BEING BOUGHT BY...

Nintendo, apparently, and the announcement is to be made next week: head in for the latest

15:14 According to various sources this morning, the much-rumoured Nintendo megaton announcement involves a buyout of Capcom.
The British gossip camp is split on the validity of the news, with senior insiders instantly snubbing the story as unfeasible. The rumour appears to have sprung out of the recent confirmation of a set of five GameCube exclusive titles from the company, including Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7, coupled with disappointing financials.

Far more solid is talk of a large Nintendo announcement early next week, either on Monday or Tuesday.

Others are putting the date for the announcement at just before Christmas, possibly December 23.

There's more. Sega is also rumoured to be part of the announcement. Yep, that's right: there are elements of the UK industry hearing that Nintendo is to buy Sega and Capcom. Together. Just like apple pie and custard.

Rearrange the following words: this, take, a, with, pinch, huge, of, salt. Microsoft was supposed to be buying Capcom a few weeks ago, and Nintendo Europe claims to know nothing about the megaton announcement whatsoever.

If anything else reaches our flapping ears, we'll be sure to let you know.
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:13
Regular
"bing bang bong"
er-no wrote:
> Nintendo are buying me.

No, there was a last minute c***-up. Nintendo are buying Goatboy and Acclaim are buying you to play SPANDEX THE DESTROYER in the new Mortal Kombat game.
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:02
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh also looks like Cube is gonna be receiving a remake of the original
> Metal Gear Solid, which is great cause I never really played it.

What the hell? That's highly unlikely in my opinion - and I'd much rather have Substance on the Cube. Where did you find this?
Fri 13/12/02 at 17:33
Regular
"everyone says it"
Nintendo are buying me.
Fri 13/12/02 at 17:08
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh also looks like Cube is gonna be receiving a remake of the original
> Metal Gear Solid, which is great cause I never really played it.

Hmm, is this realistic? Or reliable?
Hope so - if we get both metal gears then it'd only need gtas and i wouldn't glance longingly at ps2 at all...
Fri 13/12/02 at 16:46
Regular
Yeah I read something along these lines yesterday. Let's hope to god that it's true....though I don't see the Sega part being true.

I reckon that Nintendo may have purchased a section of Sega, I can't see them buying the whole company.

There was rumours that the Sports section would go to Sony....this would make a bit of sense as Sega where thinking about ditching the future sports releases for Cube.

Oh also looks like Cube is gonna be receiving a remake of the original Metal Gear Solid, which is great cause I never really played it.
Fri 13/12/02 at 16:11
Regular
this was found by one of my mates today...
probably been seen by a few of you already

CAPCOM BEING BOUGHT BY...

Nintendo, apparently, and the announcement is to be made next week: head in for the latest

15:14 According to various sources this morning, the much-rumoured Nintendo megaton announcement involves a buyout of Capcom.
The British gossip camp is split on the validity of the news, with senior insiders instantly snubbing the story as unfeasible. The rumour appears to have sprung out of the recent confirmation of a set of five GameCube exclusive titles from the company, including Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7, coupled with disappointing financials.

Far more solid is talk of a large Nintendo announcement early next week, either on Monday or Tuesday.

Others are putting the date for the announcement at just before Christmas, possibly December 23.

There's more. Sega is also rumoured to be part of the announcement. Yep, that's right: there are elements of the UK industry hearing that Nintendo is to buy Sega and Capcom. Together. Just like apple pie and custard.

Rearrange the following words: this, take, a, with, pinch, huge, of, salt. Microsoft was supposed to be buying Capcom a few weeks ago, and Nintendo Europe claims to know nothing about the megaton announcement whatsoever.

If anything else reaches our flapping ears, we'll be sure to let you know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.