GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not enough zombies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/12/02 at 20:16
Regular
Yeah, that's right. The gaming world doesn't have enough flesh eating members of the undead wandering around! Sure there's a few, such as Resident Evil, but I think ALL games should have zombies in them! "Oh but how will that work?" you implore...well, let the post inform you.

CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER
Seeing as I was playing this when I thought up the topic, it's entirely appropriate to start with it. Why not have injuries to players caused by zombie attacks? Instead of a picture of Brentford's stadium in the background, why not have a big zombie eating some flesh?

SUPER MONKEY BALL
Of course, this would be a great title to prove that the GC is adult. Have a bizarre story where the Super Monkeys get infected with rage (ala 28 Days Later) and go crazy with some disease that turns them into maze-negotiating blood thirsty zombie monkeys!

GRAN TURISMO
You know how Kit was a car, but he could talk and stuff? Yeah, it could be like that, only the cars would be UNDEAD! Along with new wheels and MOT checks, you'd need to keep your zombie car stocked up with brains so that it'd run properly and not get peckish midway through an important race.

TIGER WOODS PGA GOLF
How do you make the most boring sport in the world fun? By filling the courses with zombies! Corpses could spring up through the ground, scuppering your putt...alternatively, you could use a chip shot to ricochet off an eyeball and into the hole for a bogey. It'd be great!

DEUS EX
In this one, you could play a zombie yourself. Over the course of the game you would be able to improve your various attributes (speed, clawing, intimidation, balance) and augment yourself with upgrades, such as replacement arms for ones that fall off, and extra heads just for a larf.

MARIO PARTY
Let's face it - a game that consists of lots of little silly games will never have much depth, and pushing it to a fourth title in a series is going to do nothing to improve the series' image. It needs a wake-up call...so replace everything with zombies! Zombie basketball, zombie boxing, zombie 100m sprints...the ideal halloween party game!

METAL GEAR SOLID
Granted, a zombified Snake wouldn't be much use (the guards would discover fingers that have fallen off, or leftovers of another guard's face) but imagine a secondary character as one, like a boss or someone to talk over the codec with: "Good evening, Mr Zombie. What are you planning to do with this Metal Gear?" "..." "Answer me!" "...muuuuuuuuuuh."

THE SIMS
Well, they've brought out so many expansions, one more can't hope. The Sims: Beyond The Grave sees you satisfying your family of friendly zombies. Keep their fridge stocked up with body parts, make sure they get enough sleep and ensure there's a shower so they don't get dirt in their horrible gaping flesh wounds.

Well, there's a fair few. Add to the list!
Fri 13/12/02 at 20:16
Regular
Yeah, that's right. The gaming world doesn't have enough flesh eating members of the undead wandering around! Sure there's a few, such as Resident Evil, but I think ALL games should have zombies in them! "Oh but how will that work?" you implore...well, let the post inform you.

CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER
Seeing as I was playing this when I thought up the topic, it's entirely appropriate to start with it. Why not have injuries to players caused by zombie attacks? Instead of a picture of Brentford's stadium in the background, why not have a big zombie eating some flesh?

SUPER MONKEY BALL
Of course, this would be a great title to prove that the GC is adult. Have a bizarre story where the Super Monkeys get infected with rage (ala 28 Days Later) and go crazy with some disease that turns them into maze-negotiating blood thirsty zombie monkeys!

GRAN TURISMO
You know how Kit was a car, but he could talk and stuff? Yeah, it could be like that, only the cars would be UNDEAD! Along with new wheels and MOT checks, you'd need to keep your zombie car stocked up with brains so that it'd run properly and not get peckish midway through an important race.

TIGER WOODS PGA GOLF
How do you make the most boring sport in the world fun? By filling the courses with zombies! Corpses could spring up through the ground, scuppering your putt...alternatively, you could use a chip shot to ricochet off an eyeball and into the hole for a bogey. It'd be great!

DEUS EX
In this one, you could play a zombie yourself. Over the course of the game you would be able to improve your various attributes (speed, clawing, intimidation, balance) and augment yourself with upgrades, such as replacement arms for ones that fall off, and extra heads just for a larf.

MARIO PARTY
Let's face it - a game that consists of lots of little silly games will never have much depth, and pushing it to a fourth title in a series is going to do nothing to improve the series' image. It needs a wake-up call...so replace everything with zombies! Zombie basketball, zombie boxing, zombie 100m sprints...the ideal halloween party game!

METAL GEAR SOLID
Granted, a zombified Snake wouldn't be much use (the guards would discover fingers that have fallen off, or leftovers of another guard's face) but imagine a secondary character as one, like a boss or someone to talk over the codec with: "Good evening, Mr Zombie. What are you planning to do with this Metal Gear?" "..." "Answer me!" "...muuuuuuuuuuh."

THE SIMS
Well, they've brought out so many expansions, one more can't hope. The Sims: Beyond The Grave sees you satisfying your family of friendly zombies. Keep their fridge stocked up with body parts, make sure they get enough sleep and ensure there's a shower so they don't get dirt in their horrible gaping flesh wounds.

Well, there's a fair few. Add to the list!
Fri 13/12/02 at 20:23
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Hmmm...a refreshing post there.

Of course theere's potential for zombies in every game. Maybe a new twist on the Winnie The Pooh series?
Fri 13/12/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Obsessed is the word for you my friend.

Funny never the less.
Fri 13/12/02 at 20:25
Regular
UKChatforums needs more zombies.

*Mystique makes a post about breakfast*

*MoJoJoJo says breakfast is for southern softies*

*Zombie says "Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"*
Fri 13/12/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
There is zombies in Carmageddon! hahahha killl
Sat 14/12/02 at 09:35
Regular
Darn Mystique and Belldandy smothering my thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.