GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fawlty Towers, best ever programme!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/09/00 at 23:33
Regular
I think some of the best moments in television history have happened, or been influenced in some way by Fawlty Towers. This is the finest example of British comedy at its very best. It is good to see that its back on our screens, and is one of those few programmes that will make you laugh over and over again no matter how many times you see it.
The episodes that spring to mind as my favourites have to be, The Germans, Wardolf Salad, The Anniversary and Gormeut Night. Each one of these episodes had the most memorable lines and scenes. Like when Basil Fawlty shouts at his broken down car and gives it a 'damn good thrashing' and when he does the famous Hitler walk in The Germans. It is so funny the way that Basil always tries to get his way out of things though, yet he never succeeds.
Fawlty Towers is the one programme I could quite happily watch for the rest of my life. It is a shame that they didnt make more episodes, but I suppose too much of a good thing and the bubble would eventually burst.
Thu 21/09/00 at 23:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think some of the best moments in television history have happened, or been influenced in some way by Fawlty Towers. This is the finest example of British comedy at its very best. It is good to see that its back on our screens, and is one of those few programmes that will make you laugh over and over again no matter how many times you see it.
The episodes that spring to mind as my favourites have to be, The Germans, Wardolf Salad, The Anniversary and Gormeut Night. Each one of these episodes had the most memorable lines and scenes. Like when Basil Fawlty shouts at his broken down car and gives it a 'damn good thrashing' and when he does the famous Hitler walk in The Germans. It is so funny the way that Basil always tries to get his way out of things though, yet he never succeeds.
Fawlty Towers is the one programme I could quite happily watch for the rest of my life. It is a shame that they didnt make more episodes, but I suppose too much of a good thing and the bubble would eventually burst.
Fri 22/09/00 at 10:29
"Hello Fawlty Towers nice day how are you"
Fri 22/09/00 at 10:30
"I speak good english - I learn it from a book"
Tue 06/03/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Theres no doubt that Fawlty Towers is a classic comedy series...

Even with its heretige of the truly terrible American Verision...

But I'm not convinced of its influence over all follwing (british) comedy... or that its the best program of all time?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.