GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"just a few observations"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/02 at 13:03
Regular
1) i have noticed that xbox games are £45 thats not competetive in todays gaming climate

2) whilst in my local town buying a new game ,there were several retailers (dixons and HMV) who had xbox demo cabinets. i asked if i could have a go but they look switched off. both stores replied "they stopped working the day we got them. it does not fill me with confidence
Tue 19/02/02 at 13:03
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
1) i have noticed that xbox games are £45 thats not competetive in todays gaming climate

2) whilst in my local town buying a new game ,there were several retailers (dixons and HMV) who had xbox demo cabinets. i asked if i could have a go but they look switched off. both stores replied "they stopped working the day we got them. it does not fill me with confidence
Tue 19/02/02 at 13:27
I'm a little annoyed to be honest. None of my friends complained about PS2 games being too expensive, in being up to £45, so if my friends begin complaining about the X Box games being too expensive (and being blatently ignorant), then I will promptly give them a sharp smack around the head. That's not to say that £45 is cheap, because it's damned expensive for a game, so if this is definitive, I will be annoyed to say the least, because I'm gunning for an X Box at the moment. Finally, I think HMV are pulling your leg there. My local Electronics Botique and Special Reserve both have X Box Pods in working order, so I wouldn't bother dimishing your confidence over this, because I see it as completely coincidental.
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:08
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
So both stores gave exactly identical answers ? :P £45 is the rrp for games, as it is for most PC games - its just that shops choose to sell them for less. The first PS2 games were all £39.99-£44.99 on launch so I don't see the problem, seems more like nit picking to me !
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:32
I went into my local Electronics Botique store, and they had an X Box, but it wasn't working and I didn't bother asking why it was off, because I've played one, and there was another EB in town anyway. So I went to the other one, only to see a small girl playing a snowboarding game. She could hardly hold the controller, which gave me a good chuckle. I smell a huge drop in sales if something is not done about this soon.
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Desert Beetle wrote:
> I went into my local Electronics Botique store, and they had an X Box, but it
> wasn't working and I didn't bother asking why it was off, because I've played
> one, and there was another EB in town anyway. So I went to the other one, only
> to see a small girl playing a snowboarding game. She could hardly hold the
> controller, which gave me a good chuckle. I smell a huge drop in sales if
> something is not done about this soon.

Because a small girl can't hold the pad ? 18+ is Microsoft's target group for the console. No offence to anyone but she almost cerainly didnt have £300 + to buy the console... The console is probably off because it's half term week and they don't want everybody hanging around it...
Wed 20/02/02 at 01:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I haven't had any problems playing on an X-Box in the shops. Like Belldandy said, its half term week, knowone wants loads of kids crowding in and blocking the doorway up to play on a console.

By the way Belldandy, did you pick your forum name after a certain female anime character in a series called Ah! My Goddess ? (well, Oh ! My Goddess, over here).

Just wondering :-)
Wed 20/02/02 at 08:34
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Controller seems fine to me. People will get used to it after a while.

When I first saw one, I could not understand what everybody was complaining about. I was expecting something really big.
Wed 20/02/02 at 10:05
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
So was I. The Dreamcast pad is actually bigger than the MS one if you ask me and I have no problems with that.
Wed 20/02/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
savatt1668 wrote:
By the way Belldandy, did you
> pick your forum name after a certain female anime character in a series called
> Ah! My Goddess ? (well, Oh ! My Goddess, over here).

:) ! Congratulations, I think you're the first to realise...
Wed 20/02/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Golden Nomad wrote:
> Controller seems fine to me. People will get used to it after a while.

When I
> first saw one, I could not understand what everybody was complaining about. I
> was expecting something really big.

Have you held one? I have, at first it seemed very big. But after only a few mintues, you dont know its there. Also people have said that the buttons are hard to reach. There not I could reach all 6 top buttons the 2 triggers and the left analogue stick easy just like the PS2 pad. I dont have large hands, the only people who would find it hard would be 5 year old kids but most teenagers and above would be able to use the controller with ease.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.