GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2 £19.99"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Sat 14/12/02 at 13:35
Regular
Yes please! i was just browsing in my local safeway where i work and noticed that the PS2 version of Timesplitters 2 was selling for only £19.99! i couldn't believe it, so i asked the girl and she said "yup only £20" so i bought it, i got the last copy as well, you really can pick up some bargins these days, anyway i'm off to play, i've heard great things about this game, i'll post impressions later! :)
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:08
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
Mr President wrote:
> JAZZY-JACK wrote:
> What is the time splliter 2 game like because i have been reading a
> lot of reviews on it. some reviewers say it is an amazing game on
> both
> single player and multiplayer while other reviewers say the game
> gets
> really boring and repetitve and the multiplayer is so so ( i also
> heard that the controls are really bad)
>
> I've only had a quick go on it, and although the controls take some
> getting used to, I think that they work. From what I've heard from
> reviews, it is the single player mode which has come in for criticism
> (although it is better than TS1, reviewers say it still needs
> improving). Anyway, I'll find out for myself if it is decent enough.

I think you will have a pleasent surprise. The multiplayer mode is outstanding - there are like 15 different modes you can go in, a range of bots and levels, and it is incredibly addictive.

Some people, as you said, criticise the single player mode, but I see nothing wrong with it. There are loads of different objectives, huge levels, and although hard mode is a little too hard, it is still a lot of fun.

AS for the controls, they need a little getting used to admittingly, but once you get the hang of them, they are actually quite simple and easy.
Fri 20/12/02 at 21:01
Regular
JAZZY-JACK wrote:
> What is the time splliter 2 game like because i have been reading a
> lot of reviews on it. some reviewers say it is an amazing game on both
> single player and multiplayer while other reviewers say the game gets
> really boring and repetitve and the multiplayer is so so ( i also
> heard that the controls are really bad)

I've only had a quick go on it, and although the controls take some getting used to, I think that they work. From what I've heard from reviews, it is the single player mode which has come in for criticism (although it is better than TS1, reviewers say it still needs improving). Anyway, I'll find out for myself if it is decent enough.
Fri 20/12/02 at 18:06
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
What is the time splliter 2 game like because i have been reading a lot of reviews on it. some reviewers say it is an amazing game on both single player and multiplayer while other reviewers say the game gets really boring and repetitve and the multiplayer is so so ( i also heard that the controls are really bad)
Fri 20/12/02 at 14:25
Regular
I finally got down to my local safeway store today and got a copy for £19.99 - bargain. I'd suggest to anyone who hasn't got TS2 yet to go and get it from Safeway quickly - I got the last copy in stock at the store.
Mon 16/12/02 at 16:31
Regular
Has any one else got it from Safeway yet? I'm hoping that this isn't limited to some stores.
Mon 16/12/02 at 08:25
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
ssxpro wrote:
> Or†ega wrote:
> Tesco price of t2 is £44.99 :(
>
>
> Ah, lol, looking back, I realised I was supposed to say safeway, not
> tesco. I`m guessing that safeway can`t tell the difference between TS
> and TS2 in the same way I can`t tell the difference between tescway
> and safeo, which could be why they had it for £20.

As you can't tell the difference between safeo and safeway, eh? :P
Sun 15/12/02 at 23:34
Onimusha 2: £19.99 in Tesco a few weeks back. It still is online, in fact. Also, I went to Gamestation to get £10 off Red Faction 2 - but as it was only £29.99 without the voucher, I only paid £19.99 for it! That's the same price as the original Red Faction.
Sun 15/12/02 at 16:47
Regular
"You can't catch me!"
Devro wrote:
> The last one is in Siberia in the building after you go through the
> dam.
> Its on one of the shelves in the first room.

I got it - Anacomda is amazing and strangely quite addictive. I spent like an hour just on that one mini game
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:34
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Tesco price of t2 is £44.99 :(

Ah, lol, looking back, I realised I was supposed to say safeway, not tesco. I`m guessing that safeway can`t tell the difference between TS and TS2 in the same way I can`t tell the difference between tescway and safeo, which could be why they had it for £20.
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:39
Regular
"Touched!"
Anyone know how to unlock the rest of the multiplayer maps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.