GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An idea I think would help. A LOT."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 14:46
Regular
I picked this up myself in the PS2 forum following a thread about how bad the PS2 forum is.

There should be a forum where only a) Regulars, notables and staff and b) People who don't spam and can spell are allowed. Should any newbie make a post there they get instantly banned for infringing the rules : should ANYONE, notable et al, spam consistenly after warning they should be banned too.

I think that might just work to create a forum not ruined by spam or rubbish.

Anyone got any comments/suggestions?

Personally I'd love this idea to take off..
Sat 14/12/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
You'd just have a forums thats less use than the FOG prime one...which may as well be renamed - "I want to win GAD" forum, mostly :P

~~Belldandy~~
Sat 14/12/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ban them?

That's harsh...

They can just block them off of that forum page!

And that fantasy forum you just mentioned...

It's called FOG Prime!
Sat 14/12/02 at 14:56
Regular
No

What would help a lot is a proper banning system, as it stands it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Oh look I've been banned.

And now I've signed up again.

Whats the sodding point?
Sat 14/12/02 at 14:46
Regular
"699 days!"
I picked this up myself in the PS2 forum following a thread about how bad the PS2 forum is.

There should be a forum where only a) Regulars, notables and staff and b) People who don't spam and can spell are allowed. Should any newbie make a post there they get instantly banned for infringing the rules : should ANYONE, notable et al, spam consistenly after warning they should be banned too.

I think that might just work to create a forum not ruined by spam or rubbish.

Anyone got any comments/suggestions?

Personally I'd love this idea to take off..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.