GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell - will the PS2 version be as good as the Xbox one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Sat 14/12/02 at 20:34
Regular
As we all know, the PS2's graphics shall never compete with the Xbox, unless we get an add-on thing, but then our beloved console would feel like a PC, and would be forced to sit on his own in the classroom, laughed at and would spend all his lunchtimes in the school Library.

I degress.

Anyway, we've all seen the Xbox version, we've all said 'phwoar' (startling anyone present in the room at the time) and we want in.
Not many people know that Splinter Cell was actually planned for PS2 before an Xbox release was even thought about. Strange things happened, the Xbox version was finished first, and released to compete in the mad Xmas sales.

Well, credit to the developers for not rushing our version, bringing out a half-good half-bad game for Xmas. Good on them to keep it back, and finish it properly, due for release early next year.

But, will it compete with the Xbox one. I think we all know that the graphics will be missing the spit & polish of the Xbox ones, but then again they won't be that bad, and if they push PS2 to the limit they could just about pull it off.

Only time will tell.

As long as they hit the gameplay nail right on the head as well as focusing on the atmospeheric feel to the Xbox copy, we should have a cracking game on our hands come Febuary.
Sun 15/12/02 at 19:02
Regular
In one aspect, it's the same game, the same developers, so they should still manage to produce a class title.
On the other hand, they could make a complete mess of it, and have it ending up as boring as Ghost Recon and The Sum Of All Fears.
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:48
Locking at multi format games like tony hawak's 3 and 4. Which are pretty much the same graphicly on all the next gen consoles. This PS2 realse of splinter cell shoudn't be to different one would hope.
Sun 15/12/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Notable"
we will just have to wait and see I suppose
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I think that they'll be the same, maybe graphics on X box will be better, but apart from that the same.
Sun 15/12/02 at 00:42
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Well, credit to the developers for not rushing our version, bringing
> out a half-good half-bad game for Xmas. Good on them to keep it back,
> and finish it properly, due for release early next year.

Or could it be that Microsoft just paid them extra to make sure that xbox was the only console to have that title in the christmas hype?
Sun 15/12/02 at 00:38
Regular
"You only live twice"
Splinter Cell for PS2? I didnt know, i thought it was only out for xbox, silly me.
Sat 14/12/02 at 20:54
Regular
"  "
Well the frame rate was really poor on the XBox version so I expect it to be worse, or the graphics to be less detailed on the PS2.
Sat 14/12/02 at 20:34
Regular
As we all know, the PS2's graphics shall never compete with the Xbox, unless we get an add-on thing, but then our beloved console would feel like a PC, and would be forced to sit on his own in the classroom, laughed at and would spend all his lunchtimes in the school Library.

I degress.

Anyway, we've all seen the Xbox version, we've all said 'phwoar' (startling anyone present in the room at the time) and we want in.
Not many people know that Splinter Cell was actually planned for PS2 before an Xbox release was even thought about. Strange things happened, the Xbox version was finished first, and released to compete in the mad Xmas sales.

Well, credit to the developers for not rushing our version, bringing out a half-good half-bad game for Xmas. Good on them to keep it back, and finish it properly, due for release early next year.

But, will it compete with the Xbox one. I think we all know that the graphics will be missing the spit & polish of the Xbox ones, but then again they won't be that bad, and if they push PS2 to the limit they could just about pull it off.

Only time will tell.

As long as they hit the gameplay nail right on the head as well as focusing on the atmospeheric feel to the Xbox copy, we should have a cracking game on our hands come Febuary.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.