GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colour Blind Gamers."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/12/02 at 21:56
Regular
I myself am not colorblind but I have friends who are. When they come round to my house to play on my ps2 many of them find it hard to play some of my games. These games include MGS2 (colour – coded radar) and Dynasty Warriors 2 and 3 (again, colour – coded radar) but by far the worst is Rez and freak out; none of my friends can play at all. Gaming companies should think twice before releasing a game, which may be hard to play or even be understood by colorblind people. I might point out that these friends do, however, totally rash me at ready 2 rumble 2!
Sat 14/12/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
I myself am not colorblind but I have friends who are. When they come round to my house to play on my ps2 many of them find it hard to play some of my games. These games include MGS2 (colour – coded radar) and Dynasty Warriors 2 and 3 (again, colour – coded radar) but by far the worst is Rez and freak out; none of my friends can play at all. Gaming companies should think twice before releasing a game, which may be hard to play or even be understood by colorblind people. I might point out that these friends do, however, totally rash me at ready 2 rumble 2!
Sat 14/12/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It makes colour coded puzzles nigh-on impossible. And yes the radars are annoying as is trying to search for something based on what colour it is.

"Press the green button, then the red button, then the brown button and lastly the orange button"

"They're different colours?"

etc etc...
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:01
Regular
"aliens exist"
so wot everyone else should suffer just cos of a minority of colourblind people? give me a break,
Sun 15/12/02 at 13:10
i am colour blind, i see certain shades of red and green seem to me as the same colour. its fine playing video games but it was a real git when it came to shoting the c4 packs in mgs2
"the red lights are on the c4, the green is on the control box, shoot the control box to disarm the c4, shoot the c4 and die"

but they're both the same bloody colour!!!
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:39
"period drama"
Red / Green colourblindness is the most common I think - which kind of ruins any radar system.
Poor guys, can't play some games for no proper reason.

Games should have a colourblind friendly option.
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:56
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Red / Green colourblindness is the most common I think - which kind of
> ruins any radar system.
> Poor guys, can't play some games for no proper reason.
>
> Games should have a colourblind friendly option.

I lack all ability to see the colour purple. There is blue, there is red, there is nothing inbetween except dark blue and pink.

Now THAT can be annoying.
Sun 15/12/02 at 16:06
Regular
"That's right!"
I remember I couldn't play Bart vs The Space Mutants because you had to spray certain coloured things... and I had a greenscreen monitor, heh. Never got past the first level

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.