GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do u run a US/CAN Game Cube in UK?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 21:43
Regular
I am of dual nationality but can't afford to buy 2 seperate
GC's, my T.V here play NTSC movies but what about the power
difference, and i hear u can get quality loss when it works.
Tue 19/02/02 at 19:39
You will firstly need a scart lead, to make the picture from black and white into colour. Also, you will need a mains converter as the volt rates that they run at are different. A scart lead will set you back about £10, but I'm not sure about a mains converter. Take all the advice from this topic and you should be able to sort it. I hope that helps you, and get back to you if you have any more boggles.
Tue 19/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Goblin aye , i'll have to look there !!
Tue 19/02/02 at 08:32
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
...Or you could get it from Goblin Direct. I did and it cost me £17
Tue 19/02/02 at 08:18
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i had the same problem , all you need is a step down convertor , it is an adaptor that you plug the American plug in to , and then a UK plug goes into the socket on the wall, what it basically does is take the 230v for the UK current and turn it into 120v (or how ever much it is).

if you try and get one from the shops it will set you back around £30+ , so your best bet is to go to www.liksang.com , and you can get one for about £6 , then you have to pay about £10 postage as it is quite heavy , but it's better than paying £30.

I bought mine from there and it works fine , and also it comes in record speed ! from hong kong , it came in about 3 days !
Tue 19/02/02 at 07:31
Regular
gnasher2 wrote:
> I am of dual nationality but can't afford to buy 2 seperate
GC's, my T.V here
> play NTSC movies but what about the power
difference, and i hear u can get
> quality loss when it works.

Buy the latest edition of NGC magazine, it explains it very succinctly
Tue 19/02/02 at 00:25
Regular
You could get it chipped (breaking warranty though)
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:43
I am of dual nationality but can't afford to buy 2 seperate
GC's, my T.V here play NTSC movies but what about the power
difference, and i hear u can get quality loss when it works.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.