GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with 'The Getaway' please."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:33
Regular
Could someone please help me on a mission? Its the one where you drop the beaten up guy outside the shop in Chinatown and have to lead the Triads to the garage.

I can find the garage no problem, but as people who have done this mission will know, it all kinda goes ar*e up. What I want to know is, what am I supposed to do, do I just have to shoot my way out of the situation or is there any other way to do it. Ive tried to shoot the guys but I keep getting leathered by the Triads that come up from behind with Shotguns.

So can anybody help?

Thanks.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Could someone please help me on a mission? Its the one where you drop the beaten up guy outside the shop in Chinatown and have to lead the Triads to the garage.

I can find the garage no problem, but as people who have done this mission will know, it all kinda goes ar*e up. What I want to know is, what am I supposed to do, do I just have to shoot my way out of the situation or is there any other way to do it. Ive tried to shoot the guys but I keep getting leathered by the Triads that come up from behind with Shotguns.

So can anybody help?

Thanks.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:35
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I just ran to my right and hid behind a blown up car until it is over, then i just finish off the last of the triads, then walk out and it'll be the end.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:44
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yeah, Ive tried hiding, but the last of the Triads dont appear until you are actually in the compound and those Yardies all have AK 47's and the ones in the windows are right annoying little shi*s. I guess Im gonna have to do a bit of strategic thinking then, oh no.

:)
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yey, I managed to do it. I found a big container that I could hide behind but it also gave me a good opportunity to defend myself if I got found cos I could just peek round the corner. Im on the mission with the Police Station now, it's pretty cool, but difficult.
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:44
Regular
Hi i am also stuck on that Police mission i can get in the building and get the gun but i don't know where i have to go from there i think i have to go downstairs but the alarms keep sounding and is the boos guy wearing armour coz it seems like he's impossible to beat. So can anyone help me out here.
Sun 15/12/02 at 15:58
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
> Hi i am also stuck on that Police mission i can get in the building
> and get the gun but i don't know where i have to go from there i think
> i have to go downstairs but the alarms keep sounding and is the boos
> guy wearing armour coz it seems like he's impossible to beat. So can
> anyone help me out here.

When you get the gun fire a few shots at the guy you are trying to kill, he'll run off and the alarm will sound, head back into the room where you got the gun and kill all the cops who come to shoot you. Then head in the direction of the guy and take out the cops on the way. Keep resting when you get the chance. Follow him downstairs, take out the armed police cops and pick up their MP5's (you can use 2 at the same time)
Eventually (probably after a few times trying and learning where to go) you follow him to an interview room and the cutscene runs.
Sun 15/12/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yeah, I can get the gun. Then go out the evidence room and turn to the right, your target is the guy with the white shirt. I follow him until the other copper goes away, but like you said, the guy is almost invincible and I keep getting busted.

Im gonna try taking another copper hostage and see what happens. Im hopeing he will leave the station and get in a car, that way I just have to ram his car off the road and then kill him. It probably wont work though... :(
Sun 15/12/02 at 16:20
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You can't kill the cop in the white shirt until you get to the interview room, it has to be that way to get the cut scene to run and make the story make some sense.
So you just have to follow him, shoot all the cops and hopefully get to the interview room and kill him.
Sun 15/12/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
There’s another way of doing this, once u get the gun holster it. Then follow the big basted cop but don’t let him c ya. Once he reaches the interrogation room whack him, try and ignore the other cops.

Then after the cut scene u have to shoot your way out, shoot like a crazy man. A good tip that I found out in these forums is that if u stand by a wall and lean against it, your health is rejuvenated. You need to head out the back way, there will be a large steel gate that is closing. Before u head outside drop your ak or whatever your using and use pistols to shoot out the motor. Then drive out. If u fluff that up u have to shoot your way out the front door.

Hope this helps
Sun 15/12/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Anyone know how to get past the laser bit in the bald fat guys house?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.