GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with 'The Getaway' please."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Sun 15/12/02 at 11:33
Regular
Could someone please help me on a mission? Its the one where you drop the beaten up guy outside the shop in Chinatown and have to lead the Triads to the garage.

I can find the garage no problem, but as people who have done this mission will know, it all kinda goes ar*e up. What I want to know is, what am I supposed to do, do I just have to shoot my way out of the situation or is there any other way to do it. Ive tried to shoot the guys but I keep getting leathered by the Triads that come up from behind with Shotguns.

So can anybody help?

Thanks.
Wed 25/12/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I also had that problem, what you do is just stand next to a wall, parallel, don't push any button, don't lean against it, just stand there, and he'll bend over slightly to one side, and your blood patches will fade.
Wed 25/12/02 at 19:31
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Hey, got the game today and am on level 3. It's the Art Musseum one, but i need help. Not help with the actual mission, but i need to know how to heal myself. I've heard people talking about "you have to go into stealth mode", but i do that and nothing happens. I put my weapons away and stand there for around a minute, and i stay the same. I'm not a patient man :D, and i hope you don't have to stand there for about 5 minutes. Please help.
Wed 25/12/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Righto, now ive finsished the getaway, can i b dc carter on free roaming mode. And is that all there is to the game?
Tue 24/12/02 at 22:23
Regular
Anyone give any tips on the mission in the bald-guy's mansion? I can get up the stairs a bit, quite far through, but stupid woman dies. Any tips?
Thu 19/12/02 at 16:22
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
>> I can get by the two guys in the car park, then there are three guys
> in the room ahead, I wait for them to split up and one walks up the
> stairs and past me. Then I sneak out and wait for another two to walk
> up - talk and then walk away. I go through and crouch behind the boxes
> while another two talk. After this no matter which way I go I always
> get caught. I have no idea why.

Right, As you go into the biggest room, just stand and wait at that door for a little while. Wait for the voices to die down and there will be one guy left on his own. Yould also notice that some pallets of stock are being moved in the direct line of that guy who is to the right of that door. Once that pallet is on front of him go for him. Keep to the right of the building and go up behind him and clonk him one.

Then go to the far right hand corner slowly make your way forwards. There should be some more people up ahead. wait for them to go away and i think they might leave one on his own. clonk him ine and you should be able to make your way into the basement.

* thats all from my memory. I'll have a go on it later to make sure its right!
Thu 19/12/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Right I am on the level with Carter where you go round to the place where Hammond and the bird are being held.
You have to sneak around and not get caught.

I can get by the two guys in the car park, then there are three guys in the room ahead, I wait for them to split up and one walks up the stairs and past me. Then I sneak out and wait for another two to walk up - talk and then walk away. I go through and crouch behind the boxes while another two talk. After this no matter which way I go I always get caught. I have no idea why.

So how do you do it?
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah been all the way to the top and met one of the brothers, well I think it his brother but nobody arrests him. Maybe I have done something wrong. Will try again later after my work is done.
Tue 17/12/02 at 00:08
Regular
Ah, upstairs.

Could be a stupid question, but have you gone past the bit where the floor has fallen? you have to creep past the side like with the lasers. Anyway, when you get the guys you are supposed to arrest the other cops will arrest them for you.
Mon 16/12/02 at 23:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Managed to get past that bit, took a while to work out how to beat each set of lasers up the stairs. Look for gaps to roll under or to squeze by at the wall.

I'm suck on carters first mission. I have shot everyone and made it upstairs and the heavy duty cops come in with their MP5's and clear up. Leave a big fat guy in the room - one of the brothers I think. Anyway no idea what to do. Do I nick him? If so how?

Tried to grab him but one of the cops just smacks him and kills him.
Where do I go or what do I do. Getting fed up of running round and round.
Mon 16/12/02 at 22:56
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
The upstairs lasers r a right *ugger. Any tips?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.