GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help needed again! - sorry"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 20:39
Regular
Installed a cable modem on my old pc- then removed it. now cannot connect to the web via the original 56k modem to save my life...It keeps saying

"dial up networking could not find the Microsoft dial up adaptor. to install it, double click the network icon in control panel"

surely i dont have to do this for a 56k modem?! Its already installed?! I guess it is still looking for the cable modem? Help!!!!!
Tue 19/02/02 at 00:46
I'm not sure about the validity of the previous posts.. they may work, but the Dial-Up Networking component is seperate from the Dial-Up Networking Adapter, I think.

Go back to the Control Panel's Networking Dialog like I showed you last time. This time remove all the devices pertaining to the cable modem and, if necessary, add a new Adapter, "Dial Up Adapter" should be under the Microsoft section of the product list..

You'll need to add the TCP/IP protocol to that Adapter, and hit OK. You'll probably need to reboot.

Hope this helps.. I'm doing it all from memory again, heh.

Good luck
Mon 18/02/02 at 23:56
Regular
"YTS Primate"
If that didn't cure it go back through the same steps.
This time uncheck the box,ok,apply. Windows restarts This will clear out every thing from Windows.
Now go back and follow
my last post.
Mon 18/02/02 at 22:17
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Sounds like Whooo said.

If you go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Windows Setup Tab.
Double click on communications and put a tick in Dail Up
Networking Then click OK or Apply not sure on the option
here. Have your Windows disk in the drive.
This will reinstall your Dial Up Adapter.
This is part of Windows and nothing to do with your
specific Modem. Good Luck
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:53
Regular
"How Handy."
Do you have a network icon in your control panel? that should do the same thing.
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:12
Regular
"..."
got no network neighbourhood icon? (win me)?
also done a search for it and recieved nothing?!
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:44
Regular
"How Handy."
Sounds like you uninstalled the Dial Up stuff when you installed the cable modem. On your desktop there should be a Network Neighbourhood Icon. Right click it. Click Properties. You then want to click on add, then adapter and then from the Microsoft section, double click "Dial Up Adaptor".

Should do the trick, oh and you may need your windows CD.
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:39
Regular
"..."
Installed a cable modem on my old pc- then removed it. now cannot connect to the web via the original 56k modem to save my life...It keeps saying

"dial up networking could not find the Microsoft dial up adaptor. to install it, double click the network icon in control panel"

surely i dont have to do this for a 56k modem?! Its already installed?! I guess it is still looking for the cable modem? Help!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.