GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Must...resist...temptation..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Fusion'.
Sun 15/12/02 at 14:55
Regular
Got the latest NGC mag yesterday and after realising I'd have to wait till March for Metroid Prime, I was delighted to see that it's little brother Metroid Fusion is already out. Then I realised I didn't have a GBA...b****r.

So, off I went to town this morning, in search of a GBA! Started in Game...GBA £70, Fusion £35...not impressed. Went next door to Dixons...GBA £70, Fusion £30...getting better. Finally, I shuffled (I've transformed into a penguin over the last few months) over to WHSmith (of all places) and was rather pleased to see a price tag of £60 for the GBA and £30 for Fusion.

Naturally, I lapped it up immediately right? Ummm, well...no, actually. Cash reserves are at an all-time high at the mo, but that doesn't mean I should spend it. £90 is still a fair bit of wonga, no matter what you're getting for it, and I'm just wondering if my savoured GBA would be coated in dust three months down the line.

Is it really worth it? Are all those wonderful games REALLY that great or merely software I was playing a decade ago on a considerably larger box? To buy or not to buy...oh, and the agony!
Sun 15/12/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I reckon you should get one. There are plenty of good games coming out soon, and already out.

Such as, Golden Sun 1 & 2, Mario Kart, Ecks Vs. Sever 1 & 2, Metroid Fusion (as you said), Advance Wars, Monkey Ball, Phantasy Star and others.

I say that it is *searches for clever word* futile (is that spelt right?) to resist temptation!
Sun 15/12/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nah, honestly I wouldn't really buy a GBA. Sure gaming on the move. I have a GameBoy. You can pick up a GameBoy pocket for like £10 nowerdays.

Just for Metroid Fusion.. Nah.. wait until it gets released in March.

You'll get it. Play it. Complete it. Get bored before Feb.

Save the moolah :o)
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:41
Regular
"^_^"
My original got scratched so I sold it
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:36
Regular
I'm looking at mine right now, its gawking back at me from the top of my wardrobe. It has a 3 inch high dollop of dust on it becuase i have a PC.
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You really are a sensible person Parr.
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:33
Regular
"^_^"
I am going to buy my GBA with an aafterburner. £110.98. But well worth it for playing in the dark!
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:11
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I hardly use my GBA.

I never touched my GBA for like 6 months, Just started playing Mario kart again. Excellent console in my opinion.

> Nintendo are doing hardly anything for it.

Exactly, Its got so much potential, And Nintendo are doing nothing (even though they own the handheld market, and the GBA is the fastest selling console - ever)

I'm going to keep it though, It makes good use when i'm bored, on the train or at boring family get togethers.

Also with the upcoming GBA/GC link up, It'll come quite handy and cool.
Sun 15/12/02 at 18:01
"Uzi Lover"
I saw that phone yesterday. My Mum was on the Argos website and I saw they gave away a free GBA. Bargain!

I hardly use my GBA. Nintendo are doing hardly anything for it. Advance Wars was good when I got into it, Mario Kart also. That's it though.

Come on Nintendo, make some original stuff and not SNES ports.
Sun 15/12/02 at 17:35
Regular
Buy that phone in Argos, the one which gives you a free GBA, though it costs £270, shove it in a bath, take it back, and say it's faulty, then ask for your money back, hey PRESTO! Free GBA!
Sun 15/12/02 at 17:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Apparently if you link fusion to prime you get to play the original NES metroid game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.