GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft, NO!!!!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 18:20
Regular
I am of course talking about the fact that Microsoft and their X-box has no mascot. No mario, or Sonic, and it's depressing.

What/Who do you think should be the new mascot for the XBOX?
Sat 09/03/02 at 15:20
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
It'll have to be really good - like Sonic Adventure and Mario 64 - to take hold and be worthy of MS's console.

A mascot also had to be friendly and kind, focusing around different adventures and stuff - which is why Solid Snake being a mascot for Sony sounds a bit alien to us, and Bill Gates for Microsoft!!

Outlaw.
Fri 08/03/02 at 09:53
Regular
"BOSE"
allardini wrote:
> I am of course talking about the fact that Microsoft and their X-box has no
> mascot. No mario, or Sonic, and it's depressing.

What/Who do you think should
> be the new mascot for the XBOX?

Sonic belongs 2 sega
Mario belongs 2 nintendo

mayb misrosfort'll bring out a unique character ;)
Thu 07/03/02 at 19:55
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Yeah, they can have numbers advertising their console: 733. 250 etc ;-)

Outlaw.
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Only Nintendo have a mascot nowadays- and the MArio brand really isn't that big to massmarket gamers.

Sony, wisely, has it's brand images as being cutting edge, cool and always amazing- games like Gran Turismo and FF are what they promote.

As for MS, they will probably centre on the same things as Sony, as well as the power of the console

Sonic
Tue 05/03/02 at 19:45
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Malice is coming to both PS2 and XBox, so how can that be a "mascot"?

With sonic on Gamecube, Crash Bandicoot on XBox etc., there are not more mascots other than Mario, which you won't see on anything other than a Nintendo console.
Mon 04/03/02 at 18:50
Regular
"¬_¬"
Nintendo and Sega don't have mascots as such, just characters who star in first party games that are popular. The PlayStation didn't have a mascot, but that didn't stop it from being a success.
Mon 04/03/02 at 18:46
wight for malice
Sun 24/02/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I think the X symbol has really become the trademark of the Xbox, I can't think of any characters really. Maybe something more general would be suitable - maybe something refelcting the fact its the first (i think) console to really have been designed and manufactured in America and other Western countries as opposed to Japan - nothing against the Japanese, its just that its prety unique for that country not to get a console first.
Sun 24/02/02 at 22:04
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
At the moment its the lead character from Halo, maybe a matrix character? that would fit in well with the image microsoft want for xbox
Sun 24/02/02 at 15:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mascots seem to be a thing of the past nowadays. Don't think theres a game that really has a mascot style character on the X-Box yet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.