GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I really want to win a GAD"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
I only just signed up today and I've written a few reviews and started two new topics .I took one look at the games on offer for writing something better than the life story of Elton John (thoroughly boring as all he does is write crappy songs) but so far Winnie The Pooh would beat me in a writing contest.I know what game to choose but not the faintest idea what to write.

If you have any ideas please write back as my GBA is getting lonely and I need a new game.PRETTY PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!
Mon 16/07/12 at 15:24
Regular
We are going to give great hill & heally Nab a try on wednesday, meet at 5.45pm at the Hare and Hounds, Abbey Village

Regards

Si
Thu 21/02/02 at 18:44
Regular
I have been on SR for just under a month and am yet to win, even though I have been trying hard. Could you please take a look at what I have done and tell em how it couldd be improved. I did a post called 'Optimistic Pessimism' on Football and have done some reviews - here are some of them:

The Matrix proved to be one of the biggest box office smashes of 1999 - innovative, intelligent and driven by one of the best plots in years. The film in itself would have proved excellent value for money, but the special edition DVD also includes extras that more than justifies its inclusion and the main documentary inparticular proves to be as equally insightful and entertaining as the film itself. As a Matrix enthusiast I was expecting great things from the DVD but even so it is hard not to be blown away by the sheer number of extras available, including the original fight scenes as choreographed by Yun Woo Ping and a tantalising sneek peek at preliminary filming for the much anticipated sequel, The Matrix Reloaded.
Upon its release The Matrix was greeted with critical acclaim and quickly gained a cult status (look out for The True Followers on the second disc for a sign of how far it affected some people). The fusion of Hollywood glitz and unbelievable special effects, combined with the style of Hong Kong kung fu movies proved to be an unlikely but ultimately gratifying combination. The story is excellent. We follow the story of Thomas Anderson, a computer programme (Keanu Reeves) searching for 'the matrix'. Unbeknown to him, he is being watched by Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) who, along with his motley crew of assistants seek to free humanity from a world controlled by computers. He travels on a voyage of discovery , learning the fate of humans, that the world is not really how it seems and that humans are living in a computer generated dream world created by artificially intelligent machines. The film then follows his ascendancy to 'The One'. Unfortunately my admittedly lame synopsis doesn't do the story justice, as the Wachowskis really have given the tired 'your the only one who can save the world' story a fresh twist.
With special effects that have to be seen to be believed and solid performances from the main characters (Keanu Reeves gives his best performance since 'Speed'), the Matrix excels, as well as pioneering the 'wire fu' and 'bullet time' phenomenon to popular cinema. The fight scenes are simple breathtaking and the John Woo-style slow motion scenes are simply brilliant, embellishing the main action and turing the film form a very good one to a great one. Put quite simply, The Matrix redefines the action genre. Even if you’re not a fan, you can't help but marvel at the sheer complexity and intricate choreography (the dojo and lobby scenes are inparticular are amazing).
As a DVD the picture quality and sound are excellent, supplemented by superb menus. Despite continual advances in technology this still stands out as one of the clearest, most detailed DVDs on the market. The sound is a vital asset to the film and is consisently crisp and clear throughout. But what stands DVD out from VHS are the extras and the second disc, entitled The Matrix Revisited, where detail of the film’s pre-/post- and actual production is detailed here, including interviews with people pivotal to the film's success. The documentary also chronicles the experiences of the actors (its unbelievable the training they had to go through). The other extras include What is to Come?, a peek at the new movie, What is Animatrix?, a look at the cartoon version, WhatistheMatrix.com, basically a plug for the webste but useful nevertheless. It would have been nice to have seen some outtakes, deleted scenes etc but this is nitpicking and their absence doesn't detract from the DVD.
AS a standalone DVD The Matrix is an excellent film and even with the standard extras (the Follow The White Rabbit extra is a clever reference and a worthwhile addition) is well worth the price. When you combine that with the excellent documentary The Matrix Revisited, which is packed with a superb extras and everything that a Matrix fan would wish to see, it becomes a truly essential purchase.

'Its-a-me...Mario!!' The classic kart racing capers of Mario and Co have returned and this time its on Game Boy Advance. The truth is that I don't really need to tell you this game will be good. You know it is. But it's my job, so I will anyway. This game is good. Amazingly good. Honestly, how could Nintendo mess up the original Mario Kart formula?

The predictable answer is that they didn't.

Usually I would use this slot to give a game a verbal beating for showing a lack of originality, but in this exception I actually found myself breathing a sigh of relief that Mario Kart : Super Circuit isn't that different to its predecessors. All your old favourites are in there, as well as the tried and trusted battle grounds, spuced up with a sprinkling of originality. What you'll hold in your trembling hands as you struggle to plug it in is the perfect combination of the series' 16 and 64-bit incarnations - a match made in gaming heaven.

The first thing you notice as soon as you plug it in is the presentation, which absolutely knocks your socks off. From the beautiful artwork on the title screen to the bouncy front end selection menu, you know your in for a real treat, and this high quality is maintained throughout. The well drawn sprites, for example, simply ooze character, with each little bundle of pixel joy whooping and jeering round every character. The track design also excels. The glorious colours of the backdrops and the variety of eye-popping textures on each course is astounding, making each course a genuinely pleasure able experience.

Graphical splendour aside, MK:SC excels in every other concievable area. The track layout has thankfully been modified after the unecessarily lengthy '64 version, and has switched frustratingly difficult sections and copious track hazard for the grass-roots style of the original. When combined with the instinctive controls the whole package seems perfect, ensuring that time triallists will be confident that shaving milliseconds of their time is always a possibility.

One criticism levelled at Mario Kart 64, was the lack of an accomplished single player game. Thankfully similar fears have been allayed as in MK:SC, you are looking at possibly the finest karting game in existence.The actual gameplay is what sells this game, one word: Fun. Lots of tracks with their own characteristics and power ups make this game hard to put down. Emphasize the word hard, you will not be able to beat this game in one sitting, as the difficulty has been hiked up for the hardcore amongst us. There's loads to uncover, as well as 20 new tracks to race around, as well as the original SNES tracks. But while MK:SC undeniably sticks to the tried and tested formula (well if it ain't broke, don't fix it), new aspects sit well alongside them. The AI has been signifiantly improved, ridding the world of the cheating scumbags of MK64, and the number of new cups has been increased, complete with a new Special Cup.

Ok ok, what about multiplayer?

Surprise, surprise, multiplayer is MK:SC strongest point and this is where it comes into its own. MK was always at its best when you're up against your mates, cursing your way to the head of the pack. To this day there is no better feeling than pipping a friend to first place with a well aimed green shell (or even better, knocking them of the course). To replicate this on the small screen, you'll need to persuade your GBA-owning mates to get a copy of the game - not that it should be that hard. MK:SC multiplayer has the power to turn a confident person into a jibbering wreck and a timid person into a banana-crazed maniac. Trust me, I know. Add the Battle Mode and its just as frantic and addictive as it ever was.

MK:SC takes the best of both its older brothers: the solidity of the SNES single player and the time consuming multiplayer of the N64. This is the game you have been waiting for. If there's one game you should get for your GBA , this is it.

I'd love to get some feedback (constructive though, nothing nasty)
Thu 21/02/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Submitting cheats and hints requires 'quantity' aswell as a bit of quality. You can quite easily win for submitting these, and I think you have a better chance of winning than with a walktroug, mainly cuz wt's take a lot longer, and can easily be copied!
And all work must be your own, so it must be in your own words, not copied!
Thu 21/02/02 at 08:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, it took me three months to win my first GAD- mind you, I didn't post much then.

Now that I'm posting reguargly again, I've won 3 games in 1 and a half months!

Sonic
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:52
do not try cheats!!! anyone can submit a cheat in 5 secondsso you stand little chance try a walkthrough
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:20
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
ah , but thats the thing , how many people are going to spend ages writting a walkthrough ??? not that many , so youve got a better chance of winning.
Wed 20/02/02 at 19:12
Regular
Wlakthroughs take longer than posts to write
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:55
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
cool , well done ! ;-)
Wed 20/02/02 at 18:54
""Meth""
Here, mate, the key is to do walkthroughs for pc games as there isn't that many I only signed on 10 days ago and I've won twice would you believe. And both winnings were 1 day apart.
I'm pretty proud of it.

Good luck man, but don't cheat
Tue 19/02/02 at 15:06
Regular
"That's right!"
I won GAD after about 14 days or something... Woo!

Just be funny in your reviews, posts, whatever

And be original

And be honest

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.