GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomorrows world"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 17:35
Regular
What a crap programme! Even though I haven't seen it in ages I can still remember the dullness. It was like a combination of Kilroy and Trisha, terrible!

What's this world come to? First there's the war, but then came Five, then Hear'Say now Will?!? Why are music stars being manufactured all the time, and why are they called "Popstars"? The name Popstars is saggy and too corny. Talking about corny...STEPS! What kind of music producers did they have; the songs they produced should've been out a long time ago like in the eighties or something. If you listen carefully to their songs you'll notice the same cheesy beat appears in all their songs. I'm surprised they had any fans.

Have you ever thought about music lyrics running out? I mean, there have been lots of songs made and surely it'll end somewhere. And if it doesn't end songs would sound the same - where's the use in that.

Real music comes from Dj's and Rock bands I think you'll agree. Not the hardcore bands though, just people like U2 and Ash. That's music because they're all playing instruments and it sounds good, not just singing. If you're a good singer that's good too, but if you've got a bad soundtrack backing you up, that's bad.
Djs produce good music from using various sounds, and when they mix them it sounds good. This is real music! Why?...because a good beat or rythm makes good music. Rap music isn't all that bad, but in most of the tracks the same beat plays all the way through, but if it sounds good, it's good music!

Popstars, Rockstars whatever, seem to be everywhere in the world. There's the Top Ten Charts, band break-ups and so on. It seems that whenever something happens with someone concerned with music, we must know about it! Do YOU want to know about it? Me? I'm not really bothered, but I would be if it was someone I like. Sometimes I sit and wonder why some groups have fans, especially when their music's terrible! The whole "POP" thing sucks, will somebody please change that name!

Music has a set future like most things in life and to be honest that sucks! We need something to liven up the whole music scene and I know for a fact it won't be Will. Can you imagine blasting a Will song while playing Zelda, GTA3 or whatever...I can't! It just doesn't fit in with what the majority of us like nowadays. Jamirokuai was great because he wasn't original, He was wild and wacky, that's more like it! A great mover too, so all credit to him. "We love you Jk".

Have you ever seen those fans on telly screaming and how most of them are girls; you just wouldn't expect a bloke doing that would you...unless he bats for the wrong team. Fame is everything today, but I wouldn't mind meeting someone like Will Smith or David Beckham because they're legends. Even famous game developers like Kojima or Nintendo star Yogibear(if that's his name), I would love to meet, not sure 'bout Gatesy though...maybe if I wanted to lend a few bob!

Music surrounds us, and it seems like everything everywhere that can make a sound can make music. Strange isn't it? Like those musicians that use dustbins or wheely bins as drums...who would have ever thought of that before?! A little advice though, don't do what I did and try and make wind music by hitting a spoon on a glass cup, it smashes after a while!
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
What a crap programme! Even though I haven't seen it in ages I can still remember the dullness. It was like a combination of Kilroy and Trisha, terrible!

What's this world come to? First there's the war, but then came Five, then Hear'Say now Will?!? Why are music stars being manufactured all the time, and why are they called "Popstars"? The name Popstars is saggy and too corny. Talking about corny...STEPS! What kind of music producers did they have; the songs they produced should've been out a long time ago like in the eighties or something. If you listen carefully to their songs you'll notice the same cheesy beat appears in all their songs. I'm surprised they had any fans.

Have you ever thought about music lyrics running out? I mean, there have been lots of songs made and surely it'll end somewhere. And if it doesn't end songs would sound the same - where's the use in that.

Real music comes from Dj's and Rock bands I think you'll agree. Not the hardcore bands though, just people like U2 and Ash. That's music because they're all playing instruments and it sounds good, not just singing. If you're a good singer that's good too, but if you've got a bad soundtrack backing you up, that's bad.
Djs produce good music from using various sounds, and when they mix them it sounds good. This is real music! Why?...because a good beat or rythm makes good music. Rap music isn't all that bad, but in most of the tracks the same beat plays all the way through, but if it sounds good, it's good music!

Popstars, Rockstars whatever, seem to be everywhere in the world. There's the Top Ten Charts, band break-ups and so on. It seems that whenever something happens with someone concerned with music, we must know about it! Do YOU want to know about it? Me? I'm not really bothered, but I would be if it was someone I like. Sometimes I sit and wonder why some groups have fans, especially when their music's terrible! The whole "POP" thing sucks, will somebody please change that name!

Music has a set future like most things in life and to be honest that sucks! We need something to liven up the whole music scene and I know for a fact it won't be Will. Can you imagine blasting a Will song while playing Zelda, GTA3 or whatever...I can't! It just doesn't fit in with what the majority of us like nowadays. Jamirokuai was great because he wasn't original, He was wild and wacky, that's more like it! A great mover too, so all credit to him. "We love you Jk".

Have you ever seen those fans on telly screaming and how most of them are girls; you just wouldn't expect a bloke doing that would you...unless he bats for the wrong team. Fame is everything today, but I wouldn't mind meeting someone like Will Smith or David Beckham because they're legends. Even famous game developers like Kojima or Nintendo star Yogibear(if that's his name), I would love to meet, not sure 'bout Gatesy though...maybe if I wanted to lend a few bob!

Music surrounds us, and it seems like everything everywhere that can make a sound can make music. Strange isn't it? Like those musicians that use dustbins or wheely bins as drums...who would have ever thought of that before?! A little advice though, don't do what I did and try and make wind music by hitting a spoon on a glass cup, it smashes after a while!
Mon 16/07/12 at 14:11
Evenin,

We all hope John (Staffy) Stafford has a very speedy recovery and can try out the challenging course that had become to be known as Darwen Tower! :D

Get well soon Pal ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.