GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Friday 13th"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/07/12 at 09:52
"possibly impossible"
So it's another Friday 13th. Is it me or does there seem to be more of these at the moment?

Anyway. Who here is superstitious? Anyone hide under the covers at the thought of getting up today? Do you let black cats cross your path?

What puzzles me is that people just take superstition as red and don't look into the history behind them. Some have a very interesting history and others are puzzling at best.

Take Friday 13th, a relatively modern superstition from the late 19th Century (1869 seems to be the first record of it existing). It actually stems from two other superstitions; Friday being an unlucky day for Christians as this is the day that Jesus was believed to be crucified and 13 being the 13th apostle, Judas.

Outside of religion, according to Wikipedia, 12 is considered the perfect number in numerology "whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness"

Letting a black cat cross your path is to do with the belief that black cats were the familiars of witches,

Do you have a favourite superstition?
Mon 16/07/12 at 20:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Probably more acceptable than 4 black money spiders though.
Mon 16/07/12 at 19:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've got 4 black cats. Amusing to think I might be inflicting bad luck on people who live within viewing distance of my cats. :-)
Sat 14/07/12 at 21:56
"possibly impossible"
The money spider superstition is due to the spiders way of spinning webs often meaning they end up in people's hair. The saying used to go that they were spinning people new clothes meaning they become more fortunate, which was later simplified as giving a person money.
Sat 14/07/12 at 14:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
I spotted a money spider crawling on me yesterday but somehow I still seem to be skint...? :S
Fri 13/07/12 at 11:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
For some ;¬)
Fri 13/07/12 at 10:55
"possibly impossible"
Well that was unlucky!
Fri 13/07/12 at 10:25
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Do you have a favourtie superstition?

Making sure that I spell Frdiay 13th correctly in the Thread Title haha :¬D

Morning pb ;¬)
Fri 13/07/12 at 09:52
"possibly impossible"
So it's another Friday 13th. Is it me or does there seem to be more of these at the moment?

Anyway. Who here is superstitious? Anyone hide under the covers at the thought of getting up today? Do you let black cats cross your path?

What puzzles me is that people just take superstition as red and don't look into the history behind them. Some have a very interesting history and others are puzzling at best.

Take Friday 13th, a relatively modern superstition from the late 19th Century (1869 seems to be the first record of it existing). It actually stems from two other superstitions; Friday being an unlucky day for Christians as this is the day that Jesus was believed to be crucified and 13 being the 13th apostle, Judas.

Outside of religion, according to Wikipedia, 12 is considered the perfect number in numerology "whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness"

Letting a black cat cross your path is to do with the belief that black cats were the familiars of witches,

Do you have a favourite superstition?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.