GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming gone too far???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 15:59
Regular
As a kind of a follow up to my earlier post but on a slightly different topic..... who feels that gaming has gone too far.
The gaming world started out with some classic machines like the commadore and then gradually went on and evoled over the years into bigger and better things.
When we just had things like pacman to play on nobody was complaining and then everything started to get better and people started to go crazy about consoles and games.
Allways debating about things when the PSX came out with its competition being the N64.
Still people loved the consoles they had chosen to get but thier was allways the few that would complicate the matters and expect to see TV style graphics and other things that are too much right now.
This started the console wars off and the first up to compete was the PS2 that has provided a whole bunch of cool games to play on.
Then up came the XBox and Bill Gates who wants to take over the world with Microsoft and his other products.
He didnt just want to sit back and watch the PS2 progress and evolve into the best console out there.
He had to bring the XBox to start the rivalry which will never be forgotton form this day.
Now that people have seen what these two company's are producing and giving us in the way of next generation gaming the fueds become more intense and each company wants to drive the other out of the picture by trying to urge the buyers into buying thier console.
I dont think people realise how evil this can turn out.
Yes we are getting some really great consoles to buy right nowand they can only lead to great things but the rivalry has to stop or thier could be concequences.

Imagine if one company does drive the other out of business...... there would be alot of people wanting money back as no new games would come out for thier console.

It has not come to the point where there are more consoles out thier to choose and more are being made and coming out soon that the company's such as sony , nintendo and microsoft will keep on producing consoles that are better than all the others just to be the best.

The point is ..... why not just stop hating eachother and just keep your minds on making the best games possible for the same console and when thier i nothing much more that you can do because you have used the true full power of each machine bring another out then and only then.

There is no need fo rthe PS3 because no game developer has used the full power of the PS2 yet and i dont think they will for a few years yet.

Just remember how long it took developers to produce the best games for the PSX.......... at least 5 years.

Thanks for reading and replies with your thought would be greatly appriciated.

Bye
Wed 11/07/12 at 14:15
Regular
Hi, I'm Ailsa, I am 36 and one of the faciitators at CWTCH (Pembrokeshire). I have a 2 yr old and I live with my husband and little boy in Haverfordwest. I am hoping that people will soon start to use this as we build up the online group!
Keep well, people xxx
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:39
Regular
"Hmmm....."
yeah i know they all want the money but i think that the XBox and Bill Gates just wants to wipe out all of the other consoles and get money for himself.
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:20
Regular
Microsoft want money from their exclusives, Ninty do as well and of course Sony would like it. And to keep the fans happy, their are many of games available multi-format
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
well each company is trying to run the others out of business.
I think that every developer should make games for every console.

Id appriciate some more replies too

thanks
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:08
Regular
Good points.... And SEGA have taken up the gaming martyr status as they are developing for all. But no company could drive another out of business, unless one made 100 consoles which would lead to most people choosing the said Developer's console(s)
Mon 18/02/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Hmmm....."
As a kind of a follow up to my earlier post but on a slightly different topic..... who feels that gaming has gone too far.
The gaming world started out with some classic machines like the commadore and then gradually went on and evoled over the years into bigger and better things.
When we just had things like pacman to play on nobody was complaining and then everything started to get better and people started to go crazy about consoles and games.
Allways debating about things when the PSX came out with its competition being the N64.
Still people loved the consoles they had chosen to get but thier was allways the few that would complicate the matters and expect to see TV style graphics and other things that are too much right now.
This started the console wars off and the first up to compete was the PS2 that has provided a whole bunch of cool games to play on.
Then up came the XBox and Bill Gates who wants to take over the world with Microsoft and his other products.
He didnt just want to sit back and watch the PS2 progress and evolve into the best console out there.
He had to bring the XBox to start the rivalry which will never be forgotton form this day.
Now that people have seen what these two company's are producing and giving us in the way of next generation gaming the fueds become more intense and each company wants to drive the other out of the picture by trying to urge the buyers into buying thier console.
I dont think people realise how evil this can turn out.
Yes we are getting some really great consoles to buy right nowand they can only lead to great things but the rivalry has to stop or thier could be concequences.

Imagine if one company does drive the other out of business...... there would be alot of people wanting money back as no new games would come out for thier console.

It has not come to the point where there are more consoles out thier to choose and more are being made and coming out soon that the company's such as sony , nintendo and microsoft will keep on producing consoles that are better than all the others just to be the best.

The point is ..... why not just stop hating eachother and just keep your minds on making the best games possible for the same console and when thier i nothing much more that you can do because you have used the true full power of each machine bring another out then and only then.

There is no need fo rthe PS3 because no game developer has used the full power of the PS2 yet and i dont think they will for a few years yet.

Just remember how long it took developers to produce the best games for the PSX.......... at least 5 years.

Thanks for reading and replies with your thought would be greatly appriciated.

Bye

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.