GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm using Safari"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/09/07 at 07:59
Regular
But I'm too poor to own a Mac. That's right, I only just learnt I could use it on Windows. I'm not usually this slow to notice new things, it's been out for 3 months hasnt it?

I thought I would use it to for my web designing, things really do look different in this browser. Bold words appear much thicker and the pulldown menu at the top looks very small. I'm not sure but I think it's giving me a little headache as my eyes try and get use to these changes. It's a weird sensation.

Overall the browser looks quite nice. As I write this I have a blue glow around the box. Wow thats weird, I wondered what the thing was in the corner and apparently I can stretch and shrink this message window. That's quite handy actually.

The tabs are very dark gray and with black text it's not as easy to read like in other browsers.

Another great feature I like is moving tabs off screen and making them into new windows. ^^

I'm curious, what's the Spider button by the address bar? If I'm to press it, will it release a horde of Spiders from my computer?
Thu 13/09/07 at 13:11
Regular
I know Garin one of my mates has a MAC he loves it but has now bought a laptop that is not a MAC and is I think almost converted if thats the correct terminology? but when I first met him he would not have a bad word said against MACs but then he had never tried any thing else to compare it with!
Thu 13/09/07 at 01:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Careful Digi, Mac owners go rabid if you start suggesting PCs are the way forward. :)
Thu 13/09/07 at 01:40
Regular
cheers for the link machie am going to try it and see what all the fuss is about, do folk still use a MAC ? I thought PCs were the way forward these days?
Wed 12/09/07 at 14:49
Regular
If it renders the same after the BETA stage, that will help a lot.

Input box styling actually works on the PC version without any crazy javascript needed.
Wed 12/09/07 at 12:55
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
They use the same rendering engine, so at the end of the beta period I see no reason why it wouldnt be displaying things exactly as the mac version does (font issues aside).
Wed 12/09/07 at 12:46
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
The spider is actually a bug - spiders have eight legs, not six :) - and clicking it brings up the bug reporting window.

Can't say I would use Safari on Windows as a day-to-day browser, but it is still only a BETA release. I also wouldn't completely rely on it's rendering of web pages, as again, being a BETA, it could change.
Wed 12/09/07 at 12:34
Regular
If it differs a lot that's very disappointing then =(

As you're using IE as your main browser then you probably wont want to download it Digi. Though I think I'll keep it installed but would have prefered if it was similiar to Mac Safari so I could see what they see.

Nevermind. =(

Oh you can download it here if you decide to try it Digi. =)
Wed 12/09/07 at 12:12
Regular
so where would one download safari? and is it worth trying? going by these comments I would say its not? I use a PC and use IE firstly then FF and I also have Opera installed for checking out my sites.
Wed 12/09/07 at 11:30
Regular
I'm really not keen on Safari on the PC. The text looks horrid and bold, and for browser checking purposes it differs a lot to Safari on the MAC.

Firefox for me please!
Wed 12/09/07 at 07:59
Regular
But I'm too poor to own a Mac. That's right, I only just learnt I could use it on Windows. I'm not usually this slow to notice new things, it's been out for 3 months hasnt it?

I thought I would use it to for my web designing, things really do look different in this browser. Bold words appear much thicker and the pulldown menu at the top looks very small. I'm not sure but I think it's giving me a little headache as my eyes try and get use to these changes. It's a weird sensation.

Overall the browser looks quite nice. As I write this I have a blue glow around the box. Wow thats weird, I wondered what the thing was in the corner and apparently I can stretch and shrink this message window. That's quite handy actually.

The tabs are very dark gray and with black text it's not as easy to read like in other browsers.

Another great feature I like is moving tabs off screen and making them into new windows. ^^

I'm curious, what's the Spider button by the address bar? If I'm to press it, will it release a horde of Spiders from my computer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.