GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Platinum range"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 13:08
Regular
http:// uk.playstation.com/ news/ newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid= 3HH5UJTWD2HO2CQANIBR2RQ?storyId= 101822_en_GB_NEWS&linktype= HFN

(spaces after /'s and ='s)

Finally, we have the Platinum range on the PS2. It was inevitable, as the PS1 version was essential to the appeal of the machine.

My complaint is the covers. They have adopted the grey again! DAMMIT! I might be classed as sad by many people, but I like the fact that my PS2 games all lined up match eachother.

Sticking a Platinum game in your collection instantly looks cheap. You can see for a mile off that nasty greyness! Why not have a banner across the bottom of the front cover and keeping the sides the same?

Personally, I'll wait. As soon as the platinum range is released, the prices of those games in the second hand bin will fall at least to match, and then I'll have the nice box instead, thank you very much!
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:08
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
http:// uk.playstation.com/ news/ newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid= 3HH5UJTWD2HO2CQANIBR2RQ?storyId= 101822_en_GB_NEWS&linktype= HFN

(spaces after /'s and ='s)

Finally, we have the Platinum range on the PS2. It was inevitable, as the PS1 version was essential to the appeal of the machine.

My complaint is the covers. They have adopted the grey again! DAMMIT! I might be classed as sad by many people, but I like the fact that my PS2 games all lined up match eachother.

Sticking a Platinum game in your collection instantly looks cheap. You can see for a mile off that nasty greyness! Why not have a banner across the bottom of the front cover and keeping the sides the same?

Personally, I'll wait. As soon as the platinum range is released, the prices of those games in the second hand bin will fall at least to match, and then I'll have the nice box instead, thank you very much!
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:10
Regular
*sigh*

How vain.

:-p
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Yeah, aint it great?!?

:)
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:42
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Who cares what the boxes will look like when they are all lined up together ? At least newcomers to PS2 like me can go out and get some quality games at decent prices that havent got EB in marker pen scrawled all over them - That pees me off when they do that - I know it's to stop people trading in games again and again but they should come up with a better way.
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
These are the 9 titles to go platinum so far and confirmed by Sony to be in the Platinum Range:

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
Tekken Tag Tournament
Dead Or Alive 2
Formula 1 2001
TimeSplitters
Oni
Crazy Taxi
Red Faction
Star Wars: Starfighter

The great thing is, I've only got 3 of these so far, so it looks like I can pick up 6 games for about £120 if the retail price is going to be £19.99 which is what many are speculating.

I'm slightly surprised not to see Grand Theft Auto 3 in there, but expect to see Wipeout Fusion in the list in a few months time.
Mon 18/02/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
So which one should I get - Tekken or DOA2 ?
Mon 18/02/02 at 15:30
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
nh wrote:
> So which one should I get - Tekken or DOA2 ?

I'm going for DOA2.....seems to have a better single player, interaction with environments and of course lovely wobbly ladies.....
Mon 18/02/02 at 15:32
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Is Crazy Taxi worth a purchase?
Mon 18/02/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
mothballed wrote:
> Is Crazy Taxi worth a purchase?

I had it on Dreamcast - Good for a laugh - It's a pick up and play for 1/2 hr game mainly. It has got some good long term stuff with the mini games, but the main gameplay gets repetitive after a while - it is after all a straight arcade conversion with an extra city to increase the playing time.
Mon 18/02/02 at 19:39
Regular
Main Mode gets repititive and you stop playing it after a while.

The Challenge Mode is great though as some of the challenges are rock hard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.