GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Making GAMEADAY even better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 11:45
Regular
I have thought a lot about this new idea that will make Gameaday even better – but how much better can Gameaday possibly be? This stuff is incredible just the way it is, but how about something different…

Okay…each GAD member has what you call a ‘stats’ page, where it shows how many posts you have done, the amount of words, how many reviews you have submitted, etc… Well how about this…

When you win a GAD prize, and depending on what the amount of the prize may be, wouldn't it be cool if Special Reserve added an extra feature to our stats page, where we can have another title saying, “Prizes Saved”?
“What’s the big thing about this new idea”, one might wonder. Well…it’s very simply, really…
If you win a GAD prize, but don’t want to select the game or DVD of your choice for the amount stated, then how about saving it’s amount to your database. So where your ‘data’ page stats Prizes Saved – over here it will be figures such as, 1, 2, 3…or how many GAD prizes you wish to save.

“So what is the whole idea”, you ask – “what’s the point”, right?

Well…after saving 5 top GAD prize amounts, it’s like saving 5 x £50, isn’t it? So by saving this, means that you have saved up to £250 worth. And with this in your stats page, you can now select anything in Special Reserve’s huge database. So it’s like having £250, but in Special Reserve vouchers.

Here is an example of how the “GAMEADAY WINNERS LIST” would appear if someone were given the chance to do this…

------------------------------------------------------------

Date Winner Prize Chosen Winning Contribution
12/02/02 American Ninja Prize saved WipEout Fusion hints

------------------------------------------------------------
Notice that the Prize Chosen stats, ‘Prize saved’.

I hope you all like this idea and perhaps Special Reserve can think of something very soon.

Thanks for reading,
American Ninja
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:25
Stryke wrote:
> Can I claim animals with my GADs? Perhaps a monkey for 5 GADs? I'd like a
> monkey. Or even a orang-utang, like Suzanne.

Or possibly other
> regulars/notables? Could I exchange 10 GADs for Meka, for example, and force him
> to write me GAD attempt after GAD attempt. Or for YH, and lock him up until
> after the election. Muaha.

Or vouchers at KFC?

I still like the GADs for
> monkeys idea.

Hmm, how many GAD's would it take to get an elephant (i'll have to start saving)
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:23
RM18 wrote:
> I really like the idea, but do you think SR might not give anyone 5 GAD's so
> they don't have to give away £250?

---------

I see what you mean RM18, and yes - I have to agree with that because SR don't get their items at that sort of price. Games cost less than £15. DVD movies must be really cheap for them, especially in bulk as I mentioned earlier, and as for Next Generation consoles such as, XBOX, PS2 and GameCube, it's hard to tell how much they buy them for.

But whatever the price may be of their items, I doubt my idea will ever go through - not for a GAD prize worth up to £50, anyway.

Special Reserve have to make a profit somewhere...

Tyanks for approving of my idea RM18.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:14
Regular
I really like the idea, but do you think SR might not give anyone 5 GAD's so they don't have to give away £250?
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:12
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Yeah, these forums are pretty special, with the exception of a few evil people ;)
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:05
slave2games wrote:
> Ah, shucks, you've embarresed me

----------------

HA HA HA!

Well...it's working great!

I came to GAMEADAY to have fun, and it doesn't get any better than this.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:00
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Ah, shucks, you've embarresed me
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:49
slave2games wrote:
> Something like this would only work if you didn't actually get a £50
> voucher, but maybe half-price. 'Cause asking for a whole 50 smackers like that
> would make you very rich, also, it would transform form "gameaday" to
> "who wants to be a millionare"

-----------------

Now that there is a prime example of good replying that can develop into a nice and polite discussion.

Thank you slave2games - the best reply I've had so far - thank you.
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:46
Stryke wrote:
> Can I claim animals with my GADs? Perhaps a monkey for 5 GADs? I'd like a
> monkey. Or even a orang-utang, like Suzanne.

Or possibly other
> regulars/notables? Could I exchange 10 GADs for Meka, for example, and force him
> to write me GAD attempt after GAD attempt. Or for YH, and lock him up until
> after the election. Muaha.

Or vouchers at KFC?

I still like the GADs for
> monkeys idea.

--------

That wasn't very nice now, was it?

It's not right to insult me like that stryke.

Think about it this way...you wouldn't like it to happen to you, would you!

And do me a favour okay...don't deny being rude, because mocking my topic that way is VERY rude, indeed.
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Something like this would only work if you didn't actually get a £50 voucher, but maybe half-price. 'Cause asking for a whole 50 smackers like that would make you very rich, also, it would transform form "gameaday" to "who wants to be a millionare"
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:33
Regular
"699 days!"
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> i think somthing ike this has already been sugested..

Yes, that would be me, about a month ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.