GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Way Out-A Personal Disappointment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 11:32
Regular
When "Turn It Up" hit, and there was a small pop and even the odd boo I could tell it wasn't going to be a good night. I was hoping the tag turmoil would take place later on, and that Scotty and Albert would have a chance by not coming out first or second. However, I was very wrong.

Because it was just after the nWo segment, the crowd didn't get too involved as it wasn't as exciting for them. I saw Storm and Christian come out and breathed a sigh of relied, at least they'd win one. Once again, I was wrong.

I swore numerous times when I saw Storm holding back Albert from breaking the count up. Scotty and Albert, who have been working for at least a couple of months as a tag team, have some impressive double team moves, and the crowd like them a lot (massive pop on Metal this week). I wouldn't of minded if we'd lost to the Dudleyz or something, BUT JUST BECAUSE OF THE FRIGGIN' HARDY BOYS THEY HAD TO LOSE TO STORM AND CHRISTIAN, SO THE WONDERFUL HARDYS WOULD BE AGAINST SOME HEELS!!

All in all they were in the ring for about 2 minutes, with no double teams, only half a Worm and even a small pop when Christian got the victory. Bollards to that.

Well after that massive disappointment I could't enjoy the rest of the event. RVD vs Goldust was good, the tag title match was crap (notice Spike performed a total of 5 moves, which is about the whole of his arsenal), Edge vs Regal was the same old stuff, I nearly fell asleep during Rock-Undertaker and Angle vs HHH was a bit stupid but the outcome was surprising.

My saviour was the main event. Jericho vs Austin, Undisputed Championship. For once the match made them both look respectable. They both had their fair share or offence, Austin nailed the stunner, Jericho hit two lionsaults (although Austin should've been a bit closer). Jericho may've tapped, but then again, which heel doesn't get a bit of luck? Even though he won thanks to the nWo, he looked like good champion. Austin is a lot like Rock, he's super-human. Neither will tap, and so the walls of jericho is of no use. Jericho used the belt at one point, but so did Austin. Both kicked out, showing their resilliancy. As I had guessed, the nWo cost Austin the match and I was pleased to see Jericho come out on top. The WM main event is now a mystery to me, but I'm pleased Jericho is in it.

No Way Out was a personal disappointment for me, and now I wish the WWF would just bring GMS back, because Scotty and Albert, despite their hard work, appear to be going no where.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 18/02/02 at 22:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Supposedly, MTVUK has the rights to Heat (no proof to this), not sure about the PPVs.
Mon 18/02/02 at 21:17
Regular
MikeAll wrote:
> People in this forum have said Channel 5 have the rights.

Name names, as I have read that Channel 5 haven't got it and I sent an e-mail to Channel 5 and they said that the were only considering it
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:58
Regular
"Where's SR?"
People in this forum have said Channel 5 have the rights.
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:50
Regular
Ant wrote:
> When "Turn It Up" hit, and there was a small pop and even the odd boo
> I could tell it wasn't going to be a good night. I was hoping the tag turmoil
> would take place later on, and that Scotty and Albert would have a chance by not
> coming out first or second. However, I was very wrong.

Because it was just
> after the nWo segment, the crowd didn't get too involved as it wasn't as
> exciting for them. I saw Storm and Christian come out and breathed a sigh of
> relied, at least they'd win one. Once again, I was wrong.

I swore numerous
> times when I saw Storm holding back Albert from breaking the count up. Scotty
> and Albert, who have been working for at least a couple of months as a tag team,
> have some impressive double team moves, and the crowd like them a lot (massive
> pop on Metal this week). I wouldn't of minded if we'd lost to the Dudleyz or
> something, BUT JUST BECAUSE OF THE FRIGGIN' HARDY BOYS THEY HAD TO LOSE TO STORM
> AND CHRISTIAN, SO THE WONDERFUL HARDYS WOULD BE AGAINST SOME HEELS!!

All in
> all they were in the ring for about 2 minutes, with no double teams, only half a
> Worm and even a small pop when Christian got the victory. Bollards to
> that.

Well after that massive disappointment I could't enjoy the rest of
> the event. RVD vs Goldust was good, the tag title match was crap (notice Spike
> performed a total of 5 moves, which is about the whole of his arsenal), Edge vs
> Regal was the same old stuff, I nearly fell asleep during Rock-Undertaker and
> Angle vs HHH was a bit stupid but the outcome was surprising.

My saviour was
> the main event. Jericho vs Austin, Undisputed Championship. For once the match
> made them both look respectable. They both had their fair share or offence,
> Austin nailed the stunner, Jericho hit two lionsaults (although Austin should've
> been a bit closer). Jericho may've tapped, but then again, which heel doesn't
> get a bit of luck? Even though he won thanks to the nWo, he looked like good
> champion. Austin is a lot like Rock, he's super-human. Neither will tap, and so
> the walls of jericho is of no use. Jericho used the belt at one point, but so
> did Austin. Both kicked out, showing their resilliancy. As I had guessed, the
> nWo cost Austin the match and I was pleased to see Jericho come out on top. The
> WM main event is now a mystery to me, but I'm pleased Jericho is in it.

No
> Way Out was a personal disappointment for me, and now I wish the WWF would just
> bring GMS back, because Scotty and Albert, despite their hard work, appear to be
> going no where.

Thanks for reading, Ant.

I can't help feeling disappointed myself.
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:38
Regular
MikeAll wrote:
> The walls of Jericho used to be a feared move but against Rock and Austin, it's
> useless, the same with all submission moves like the ankle lock. The walls used
> to be Jericho's finisher when he was a face because heels would tap.
Chris
> Benoit never tapped to the Crossface when the Rock used to do it to him. Why
> should Jericho, I could hate him if I had any respect for him.

If No Way
> Out was another disappointment at least I missed it. I can't wait until Channel
> 5 start showing PPVs.

How do you know Channel 5 have the WWF contract?
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:19
Regular
"That's right!"
That was the best PPV I've seen in a while

RVD/Goldust was a solid match and I'm looking forward to seeing them in some no d/q matches

I'd never seen Goldust wrestle until he came back to the WWF, and I'm impressed. I thought he would be like David Flair, and be nothing like his father
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Where's SR?"
The walls of Jericho used to be a feared move but against Rock and Austin, it's useless, the same with all submission moves like the ankle lock. The walls used to be Jericho's finisher when he was a face because heels would tap.
Chris Benoit never tapped to the Crossface when the Rock used to do it to him. Why should Jericho, I could hate him if I had any respect for him.

If No Way Out was another disappointment at least I missed it. I can't wait until Channel 5 start showing PPVs.
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I admit, I also fell asleep during the Rock vs. Undertaker match .... who one in the end, may I ask???

HHH vs. Angle was pretty good I though, but when HHH lost I was gutted, I really didn't think that would happen.

Main event was good, Tag Team match wasn't amazing, good to see te Hardyz back though, I do like them ..... well, I should say Lita :o).

I'm just glad that it was a Sky Sports Event, and so is WrestleMania, I would not have been a happy viewer if I'd payed Box Office to watch No Way Out.

I think WrestleMania should be pretty good though, as an Arena full of that many people is always an advantage :o). Bigger pops, etc...
Mon 18/02/02 at 12:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I agree Ant.

I'm happy the APA won though. I wanted them.

Jericho vs Angle. I think someone else will be added into that. It doesn't seem like a very appealing match to me.
Mon 18/02/02 at 11:45
Regular
I agree. You nearly fell asleep during Rock vs. 'Taker. well, I DID fall asleep. It was diabolical. What is happening to the WWF. nWo got a huge response. Hall got floods of cheers, Hogan got praise from the King (and kinda from JR) and from the whole of Milwaulke and then some, yet Nash, well, he didn't quite get the same response. Can this be the WWF saviour...NOPE! The big question I'm asking myself now is, will WrestleMania be as bad as this? Has the WWF hit a record low? Will Jericho be Undisputed Champion come March? And will the Main Event at WrestleMania be K.Angle vs C.Jericho, 1-on-1? One thinks not!

P.S. Sorry about the spelling of Milwaulke. I know it's wrong!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.