GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BBC on Xbox Live. Sky on PS3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/07 at 17:04
Regular
Click

The BBC are in talks with Microsoft to bring some of their programs onto Xbox live for downloads. Planet Earth in HD? Thanks very much. How much disc space do you reckon a 1 hour HD programme would need though? And how long would it take to download? Also, are people prepared to pay for programmes that they've already paid for once through the TV licence?

The article also mentions that Sky have signed a deal with Sony to have their programmes available to buy through the Sony store (or whatever it's called). Although I've not heard anything about that anywhere else so have no idea of prices etc.

The PS3 is getting slightly appealing though, with the addition of PVR functionality being added in the spring. Although you'd need some sort of USB add-on I guess to plug the aerial into, which would be a shame. However, you can build a half decent HTPC for the £400 a PS3 would cost. This wouldn't have a BR player in though, and chances are the games wouldn't look as good.

Still, we're getting closer and closer to the whole "one box under the telly does all though".
Mon 01/10/07 at 22:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Never gloat, theres always somebody around who has something bigger and better. :P
Mon 01/10/07 at 22:35
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> and I want an HDTV to use it properly :D

I have a beautiful 40" Samsung, black finish HDTV, with 5.1 surround sound, boasting more bass than the walls of your house can withstand :)

Not that I'm gloating or anything =P
Mon 01/10/07 at 20:37
Regular
"8==="
Meh.

I suppose it'll be good for kids and/or people without HD players/televisions/dvd players...

(ho ho)
Tue 25/09/07 at 17:55
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
Chaos wrote:
> I want a PS3 for Christmas. me 2 or a ninendo wii
Thu 13/09/07 at 08:44
"possibly impossible"
and I want an HDTV to use it properly :D
Wed 12/09/07 at 22:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
I want a PS3 for Christmas.
Wed 12/09/07 at 12:58
"possibly impossible"
Estimated £70 for the PS3 USB add-on, BUT it acts as a freeview hard drive AND allows you to download or view your recorded and live programmes everywhere on the PSP.
Wed 12/09/07 at 11:10
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It's not something I'd see myself using.
They always seem to charge quite a bit for each show and the with the limited hard drive space you are forced to delete the shows.

I'd much rather get the DVD boxset of the show.
Wed 12/09/07 at 09:34
Regular
Link fixed, ta.

I think that there is a market for a single box which does everything. A HTPC can be your DVD player, Freeview PVR, giant MP3 jukebox, and you can play games on it. Plus all the other things you can do with a PC.
Tue 11/09/07 at 23:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
You need to fix that link, sir.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.