GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's to the sodding Future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/02/02 at 00:11
Regular
You all claimed last year i shouldn't of been a Notable, i'm not campaigning this year to escape the criticism... but may i ask is why don't you think i should be one????

Going on technical facts, i have been here a while, i've won a load of GAD's and try and be here everyday but thats besides the point its all about who you are...

I have been told that i shouldn't be a notable because my posts are biased and so heavily one sided, i keep saying here's to the future, that gets annoying and those Notable Hunter Stories are just silly...

Those are the reasons i shouldn't be a notable???? or the reasons i should?

I'm too biased??? Exactly i am not going to lie to you, i think Sony's Playstation system has single handidly ruined the gaming market and only Nintendo can save it...

I am not going to pretend i like the Playstation (unless TBN challenges me to) because i don't! console wars it maybe but i make them look good :D I am one of few that can make Pokemon an adult title, my bias is who i am and i love it, i love slanting the Playstation (although normally i just praise the Gamecube) and then arguing to my fingers bleed against the die hard fans of the forums. The Sony Slayer, er-no once called me.

Here's to the future, as sad as it may sound is something i have used for over a year, every major post about the future (which is most of them) ends with it... with the occasional variation of Here's to squirrels with helicoptery tales or here's to er-no's future... my trade mark so to speak...

The Notable hunters, now that is quite cool, even the notables like it (well most of them), they are fun to write and its like a mini SR soap... i make an effort to make sure that each one i write is done differently, or has some spark of originality, they are often amusing (to the person i write it about), in Grix's story i wrote about banning me and getting upset about it, no one would of got that except Grix as he knew the past surrounding it, in RBS's story he sings "family Reunion", RBS is a blink 182 fan and therefore gets the joke there...

I always thought (and secretly still do) i was notable material, i thought i was one of those stand out characters, the Nintendoid, the hunter, the one with that catchphrase... but last year i was proved wrong or was I?????

Last year i got something like 22 votes, not nearly as much as Goatboy but he had a lot of support. Sorry to say this RBS (although you'll still rub the gold name in my face) but i thrashed you at the last election (by about 13 votes), no matter how many of you think i deserved to or not! This time, i'm going to sit back, i don't care anymore, i'm just going to continue being me, the biased Nintendo fan, who likes to say here's to the future and hunt notables. Because that is who I am and one day, i hope that will get me somewhere.

Here's to the future.

Dringo.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:46
Regular
> Stryke wrote:
> No, Goatboy got the most votes. Dringo came 2nd. RBS came
> 3rd. Tony made RBS a
> notable because he rules. Dringo threw a temper
> tantrum. Didn't do him any good
> though.

I got angry but not over RBS winning...

I declared that the last election would be my last, when Tony got hold of this news he told me not to give up, but i wanted to... don't know where you got the "Tantrum" over RBS getting in on?

I got 22 votes, 22 people wanted me to be a notable... I don't need a gold name to feel respected when i have tht under my belt.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:42
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
i adore
> RBS

Ok... now I'm worried...

Wrong use of words really...
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:37
Regular
DrDragon wrote:
>

Why did GB not win?

--

He did. Is his name not gold?
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Dringo wrote:
i adore
> RBS

Ok... now I'm worried...
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:31
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Dringo, I don't give a toss how many votes you got. The fact remains that Rasta
> writes better than you, and contributes more. He is notable, and would be even
> if Tony hadn't made him one.

True... i adore RBS hence the apolagy before and take a way the newbies and i would still have more votes...

I believe you will be notable one day, but
> you'll need to improve.

In what exactly??? I have been told on many occasions i am a really good poster, i am here every day, i write stories which people say are class...

What am i doing wrong that needs improving????

It doesn't really matter i am not changing.
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:28
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> Hmmmmm i think dringo is a bit upset.

well that post alone has knackered
> your chances LMAO

Ruined my chances in an election i'm not entering in????
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:05
Regular
"699 days!"
Stryke wrote:
> No, Goatboy got the most votes. Dringo came 2nd. RBS came 3rd. Tony made RBS a
> notable because he rules. Dringo threw a temper tantrum. Didn't do him any good
> though.

Why did GB not win?
Mon 18/02/02 at 18:03
Regular
No, Goatboy got the most votes. Dringo came 2nd. RBS came 3rd. Tony made RBS a notable because he rules. Dringo threw a temper tantrum. Didn't do him any good though.
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:59
Regular
"699 days!"
DrDragon wrote:
> Being the relative newbie I am, whats all this about Dringo getting more votes
> and losing? Am I just being really thick or something?

That quetion.
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:58
Regular
What question?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.