GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Listen please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 22:40
Regular
I'm Grix Thraves, and I rule.

Christ? Did I just say that?

Do I have confidence in who I am?

Do people hate me now because I'm proud of WHO I AM?

Does it matter? Not to me, certainly.

You want to fix the elections? Go ahead, and ruin the standard of inspiring and excellent people who actually are notables, and yes, that DOES include Sniper. I've NEVER seen you write anything that's remotely better than so many people on here, and I just wish and hope that one day, perhaps, you'll realise that this is, after all, just a forum, which people come on, write a load of crap, and then go to bed.

Life sucks dude. Spend your time wisely, and make sure you keep running, but whatever you do, never take yourself seriously, because someone else out there will smack you in the face.

To the rest of you, the notables, and all the others that should be, monkey_man, ssxpro, YH, Venom, Stryke... you know who you are because you rule, and it's about time you knew it. The reason the forums are becoming increasingly dull to post on, is because NOBODY is inspired by anything anymore, because we're all flattened to the floor by crappy Gamecube vs XBox topics. Don't get fed up and leave... the crap ones will ALWAYS be here, and we have to accept that, but we can shout louder and prouder than they can, and it only takes a few moments of our time to do so.

I thank you for all the stories, I thank you for the tales about your cats, and I thank you so much for what everyone else seems to think is spam, but it's not, it's entertainment, and that's what we should be about.

Sorry for the speech my darlings, but I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself at the moment. I've gone through too much crap to just sit back and watch the morons of the world get their say while everyone else has to sit back and watch.

You think the forums suck? Then let's start trying to entertain people. It doesn't take a genius to figure out we don't want to hear about the best controllers to use... think! What would put a smile on your face to see?

I don't care what it is... write a story, it doesn't have to be fictional... it could be something that happened to you. Tell us more about yourself, tell us that you've fallen in love, tell us that you saw a cloud that looked like a monkey... WE'RE INTERESTED! Honestly! Half the time it's getting the confidence to trust your feelings... just because everyone else writes about consoles DOESN'T mean you have to!

We are here only when you switch on your computer... We're just people on a forum, we have our lives, and we don't spend them doing nothing, I'm sure! For God's sake, go and entertain someone!

And that goes double for you, Venombyte. :0)
Sun 17/02/02 at 22:40
Regular
I'm Grix Thraves, and I rule.

Christ? Did I just say that?

Do I have confidence in who I am?

Do people hate me now because I'm proud of WHO I AM?

Does it matter? Not to me, certainly.

You want to fix the elections? Go ahead, and ruin the standard of inspiring and excellent people who actually are notables, and yes, that DOES include Sniper. I've NEVER seen you write anything that's remotely better than so many people on here, and I just wish and hope that one day, perhaps, you'll realise that this is, after all, just a forum, which people come on, write a load of crap, and then go to bed.

Life sucks dude. Spend your time wisely, and make sure you keep running, but whatever you do, never take yourself seriously, because someone else out there will smack you in the face.

To the rest of you, the notables, and all the others that should be, monkey_man, ssxpro, YH, Venom, Stryke... you know who you are because you rule, and it's about time you knew it. The reason the forums are becoming increasingly dull to post on, is because NOBODY is inspired by anything anymore, because we're all flattened to the floor by crappy Gamecube vs XBox topics. Don't get fed up and leave... the crap ones will ALWAYS be here, and we have to accept that, but we can shout louder and prouder than they can, and it only takes a few moments of our time to do so.

I thank you for all the stories, I thank you for the tales about your cats, and I thank you so much for what everyone else seems to think is spam, but it's not, it's entertainment, and that's what we should be about.

Sorry for the speech my darlings, but I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself at the moment. I've gone through too much crap to just sit back and watch the morons of the world get their say while everyone else has to sit back and watch.

You think the forums suck? Then let's start trying to entertain people. It doesn't take a genius to figure out we don't want to hear about the best controllers to use... think! What would put a smile on your face to see?

I don't care what it is... write a story, it doesn't have to be fictional... it could be something that happened to you. Tell us more about yourself, tell us that you've fallen in love, tell us that you saw a cloud that looked like a monkey... WE'RE INTERESTED! Honestly! Half the time it's getting the confidence to trust your feelings... just because everyone else writes about consoles DOESN'T mean you have to!

We are here only when you switch on your computer... We're just people on a forum, we have our lives, and we don't spend them doing nothing, I'm sure! For God's sake, go and entertain someone!

And that goes double for you, Venombyte. :0)
Sun 17/02/02 at 22:41
Regular
"No Grix, you listen with your EARS. EARS." The teacher said, pointing to them repeatedly, as if to amplify the point.
Sun 17/02/02 at 23:12
"Uzi Lover"
*clap clap*

Grix, the speech, well...it brings a tear to my eye. Never before will I feel this tear again, not even when i kiss my own children for the first time, not even when I get that Goldfish I've always wanted.

Thank you Mr.Grix for inspiration.

I would now like to tell you all about the big Monkey cloud thing I saw today. It was shaped like a monkey with a huge tail stretching over my school and towards a tree which seemed to have a light appearing from his branchs, AMAZINGO!

On closer inspection I realised the Monkey cloud thing was made from a factory spewing waste all into my air. Damn those dirty riggers.

I love you all.
Sun 17/02/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> we don't want to hear about the best controllers to use...

Actually, now that you mention it, whenever I play a Wipeout game, be it the original or the current Wipeout Fusion for the PS2, it seems to be the only game that gives me blisters on my fingers and aching hands.

I think the main problem is that the game draws you in so much that as the speed increases your grip on the controller gets tighter without you realising, until 4 hours later you have to prise your fingers away with a chisel.

I've always used the standard PSX and PS2 controllers, and WAS actually wondering if anyone could recommend a more comfortable joypad for playing Wipeout.

So on that particular point in your solliloquy I'd have to disagree. Rest of your post was OK. Did you know that many gaming forums are now banning console wars topics altogheter because they are just too boring?
Sun 17/02/02 at 23:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Grix Thraves wrote:
> we don't want to hear about the best controllers to
> use...

Actually, now that you mention it, whenever I play a Wipeout game, be
> it the original or the current Wipeout Fusion for the PS2, it seems to be the
> only game that gives me blisters on my fingers and aching hands.

Once on a 3 hour UT session i couldnt move my wrist afterwards, i got quite worried, but the next day it made a loud crack and went back to usual.
Mon 18/02/02 at 07:39
Regular
Hows the scuba diving going, Grix?

And yes, I know I rule.
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:04
Regular
"smile, it's free"
FantasyMeister wrote:
I think the
> main problem is that the game draws you in so much that as the speed increases
> your grip on the controller gets tighter without you realising, until 4 hours
> later you have to prise your fingers away with a chisel.

Perhaps I shouldn't be asking this, but where do you hold this chisel when both hands are stuck on the controller?
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I saw a cloud that looked like a monkey the other day....

(nicely put, Grix...)
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:35
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Grix last night to told me to write a topic I have wrote one at about 200 words so if you can please read it and tell me what you think.
P.S I am over the stats to be a regular but I am still a newbie when will I be a regular?
Mon 18/02/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Just post it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.